rocksolid / rocksolid.shared.linux / Re: 3 bugs in systemd

SubjectAuthor
* 3 bugs in systemd76575433
`- Re: 3 bugs in systemdRetro Guy

Subject: 3 bugs in systemd
From: 76575433@anon.com (76575433)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.linux
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 20:41 UTC

only good for privilege escalation, mind you, but still...

https://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2019/01/09/3
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/systemd

Posted on def4.i2p

Subject: Re: 3 bugs in systemd
From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-agd-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.linux
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 01:15 UTC
  To: 76575433
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 20:41:49 +0000
"76575433" <76575433@anon.com> wrote:

only good for privilege escalation, mind you, but still...

https://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2019/01/09/3
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/systemd

Thanks for posting!

On another systemd note, I never bothered with the controversy, while I
did have an opinion. I use systemd so I must not be too bothered. But
what I really don't like is the logging system. I want to read text
logs, not run a program, use switches etc. to see the output.

I know text logs are still available, but it's not really the design.
--- Synchronet 3.17a-Linux NewsLink 1.110
 *  RetroBBS - Phoenix, AZ - telnet://retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com