From: AnonU...@novabbs.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Onion website offline?
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 22:40:35 +0000
 by: AnonUser - Tue, 3 Nov 2020 22:40 UTC

I’m doing a project in which I plan to create a chat room onion website on the dark web with notepad++. I’m using a root account on Kali Linux to do this. I’ve decided to use an apache2 web server for this website and my website (index.html) and all of its contents is stored in /var/www/html. I’ve already made my onion website and it’s address, which is located in /var/lib/tor/hidden_service/host name. However, when I try to open my website on the dark web, it says that my website is offline. It states ‘0xf0-The requested onion service descriptor can’t be found on the hashring and therefore the service is not reachable by the client’. Please help me with this issue and please tell me what I’m doing wrong and how I can get my website to show on the dark web. I’d like my website to be online from Kali Linux through the root account in the index.html file. However, I just don’t know why my website isn’t showing up and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Help.
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion

Re: Onion website offline?

<ro2ggk$2s1g$1@neodome.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=102&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#102

From: adm...@neodome.net (Neodome Admin)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Re: Onion website offline?
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 03:39:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Neodome Admin - Fri, 6 Nov 2020 03:39 UTC

AnonUser <AnonUser@novabbs.i2p> wrote:
> I’m doing a project in which I plan to create a chat room onion website
> on the dark web with notepad++. I’m using a root account on Kali Linux to
> do this. I’ve decided to use an apache2 web server for this website and
> my website (index.html) and all of its contents is stored in
> /var/www/html. I’ve already made my onion website and it’s address, which
> is located in /var/lib/tor/hidden_service/host name. However, when I try
> to open my website on the dark web, it says that my website is offline.
> It states ‘0xf0-The requested onion service descriptor can’t be found on
> the hashring and therefore the service is not reachable by the client’.
> Please help me with this issue and please tell me what I’m doing wrong
> and how I can get my website to show on the dark web. I’d like my website
> to be online from Kali Linux through the root account in the index.html
> file. However, I just don’t know why my website isn’t showing up and I
> don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Help.

Can you access your website from localhost? Is it opens up when you do
‘lynx http://127.0.0.1:80’?

--
Neodome

Re: Onion website offline?

<6dc4c91f6d034a4354125ccef4b28551$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=103&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#103

From: AnonU...@novabbs.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 08:55:12 +0000
 by: AnonUser - Fri, 6 Nov 2020 08:55 UTC

Neodome Admin wrote:

> AnonUser <AnonUser@novabbs.i2p> wrote:
>> I’m doing a project in which I plan to create a chat room onion website
>> on the dark web with notepad++. I’m using a root account on Kali Linux to
>> do this. I’ve decided to use an apache2 web server for this website and
>> my website (index.html) and all of its contents is stored in
>> /var/www/html. I’ve already made my onion website and it’s address, which
>> is located in /var/lib/tor/hidden_service/host name. However, when I try
>> to open my website on the dark web, it says that my website is offline.

> Can you access your website from localhost? Is it opens up when you do
> ‘lynx http://127.0.0.1:80’?

Yes, try what Neodome Admin suggested first. Then check that your web server is listening on the same interface you are pointing to in your torrc for the service. Try to access from your machine using the exact ip address as in your torrc.

Have you also tried to access from a remote machine, or just through tor on the same machine?

--
Posted on novaBBS
www.novabbs.com

I think you are both wrong in that

<he.622.1fy5wo@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=104&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#104

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: I think you are both wrong in that
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 05:51:57 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 6 Nov 2020 13:51 UTC

>‘0xf0-The requested onion service descriptor can’t be found on the hashring and therefore the service is not reachable by the client’.

This line tells us that the hidden service was not announced, and therefore the address is not known to the client. Why was it not announced ? Either tor is not running, or it was not restarted after the creation of the hidden service. And then there could also be a general connectivity issue for the machine.

--
Posted on def2

Re: Onion website offline?

<831bcd5d1377ca59ba480d310c397af0$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=105&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#105

From: AnonU...@novabbs.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2020 23:12:10 +0000
 by: AnonUser - Sat, 7 Nov 2020 23:12 UTC

I can access this website whenever I type out http://127.0.0.0:80/. I also restarted Tor, made sure that Apache and Tor was running when I checked my onion address on Tor, and I also checked on both the same machine and on a remote machine. Just so you know, I also configured all of this by editing the torcc file with HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor/hidden_service and HiddenServicePort 80 127.0.0.1:80, restarting Apache and Tor, and catting out /var/lib/tor/hidden_service/hostname. I honestly don’t know what’s the issue...
--
Posted on novaBBS
www.novabbs.com

Re: Onion website offline?

<69274de4c4f1b3344bf693e374899981$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=106&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#106

From: AnonU...@novabbs.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 00:05:02 +0000
 by: AnonUser - Sun, 8 Nov 2020 00:05 UTC

AnonUser wrote:

> I can access this website whenever I type out http://127.0.0.0:80/. I also restarted Tor, made sure that Apache and Tor was running when I checked my onion address on Tor, and I also checked on both the same machine and on a remote machine. Just so you know, I also configured all of this by editing the torcc file with HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor/hidden_service and HiddenServicePort 80 127.0.0.1:80, restarting Apache and Tor, and catting out /var/lib/tor/hidden_service/hostname. I honestly don’t know what’s the issue...

Do you have a firewall or router firewall or isp firewall that might be blocking some ports?

Is there any helpful information in your tor log file? Probably /var/log/tor/log based on dirs you mention above.

--
Posted on novaBBS
www.novabbs.com

Firewall ?

<he.625.28cddq@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=107&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#107

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Firewall ?
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 02:00:46 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 8 Nov 2020 10:00 UTC

>I also restarted Tor, made sure that Apache and Tor was running

In this case, and provided you still get the same error message as before, is it possible that the tor service cannot connect to the internet (maybe because of a firewall, misconfigured router or something like that) ?

As said already, the log files should tell you.

--
Posted on def2