Subject: rslight-0.6.5e available for download
From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 09:29 UTC
From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 09:29:41 +0000
View all headers
A new version of rslight (0.6.5e) is now available for download:

www.novabbs.com/getrslight or
rslight.i2p/getrslight

This fixes a number of bugs, and the new features and changes I've been mentioning in this group recently are all applied to this release.

The tarball includes install and upgrade scripts for debian and freebsd (I test on both).

www.novabbs.com

Subject: Re: rslight-0.6.5e available for download
From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 06:19 UTC
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 06:19:04 +0000
From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
View all headers
The 0.6.5 branch is now only bug fixes. Since 0.6.5e:

Fixed a bug where some spoolnews groups were being skipped. This is mostly for nocem use.

Fixed an issue if overriding $maxarticles_per_run to not step on $maxarticles.

Trim blank lines from end of articles when posting.

All bug fixes will be applied to 0.6.5f. New features you may see on my rslight sites and not applied, but being worked on in the 0.6.6 branch:

Currently, the ability to very simply give a name to any group for display. You can see this in the 'rocksolid' section on rslight, for any group you can configure a display name.

There are a few more bug fixes necessary that I'm aware of, and will work on. If new features in 0.6.6 are questionable, there will be a 0.6.5f and 0.6.6 release maybe around the same time. If new features are simple, it will all be released as 0.6.6.

Posted on: novaBBS
www.novabbs.com