Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS

register   nodelist   faq

Your account also provides newsreader access to all groups at news.i2pn2.org port 119 or 563 (TLS)

rocksolid / Rocksolid Nodes Help / Re: fudforum quick hacks thread

SubjectAuthor
* Re: fudforum quick hacks threadtrw

1
Subject: Re: fudforum quick hacks thread
From: trw...@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2020 16:26 UTC
From: trw...@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2020 12:26:48 -0400
View all headers
And another one: move the webroot of Fudforum to a different location.

This is mostly a note to myself, as I think I am the only one still using this :).

So, to move the webroot of Fudforum:

# cp -rv /your/forum/dir /your/new/forum/dir
# cp -rv /your/data/dir /your/new/data/dir
# chown -R www-data.www-data /your/new/forum/dir
# chown -R www-data.www-data /your/new/data/dir
# mv /your/forum/dir /your/forum/dir_backup
# mv /your/data/dir /your/data/dir_backup
# ln -s /your/new/forum/dir /your/forum/dir
# ln -s /your/new/data/dir /your/data/dir
# nano /your/new/data/dir/include/GLOBALS.php
(here you have to adapt the paths so that they point to the new absolute paths, php seems not to follow symlinks)
(make some testing)
# rm -rf /your/forum/dir_backup
# rm -rf /your/data/dir_backup

From: trw...@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2020 16:27 UTC
From: trw...@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2020 12:27:39 -0400
View all headers
and btw, I hope this has fixed all this annoying 503s, they should have been because of low disk space.

From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 09:46 UTC
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 09:46:41 +0000
From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
View all headers
trw wrote:

And another one: move the webroot of Fudforum to a different location.

This is mostly a note to myself, as I think I am the only one still using this :).

Always a good idea to keep a log somewhere. Why not here :) (I do that also).

So, to move the webroot of Fudforum:

# cp -rv /your/forum/dir /your/new/forum/dir
# cp -rv /your/data/dir /your/new/data/dir
# chown -R www-data.www-data /your/new/forum/dir
# chown -R www-data.www-data /your/new/data/dir
# mv /your/forum/dir /your/forum/dir_backup
# mv /your/data/dir /your/data/dir_backup
# ln -s /your/new/forum/dir /your/forum/dir
# ln -s /your/new/data/dir /your/data/dir
# nano /your/new/data/dir/include/GLOBALS.php
(here you have to adapt the paths so that they point to the new absolute paths, php seems not to follow symlinks)

Interesting. Symlinks for files, or directories? rslight has symlinked files without trouble, but haven't done so with directories.

(make some testing)

Good idea!

# rm -rf /your/forum/dir_backup
# rm -rf /your/data/dir_backup

Always scary :)

Posted on: novaBBS
www.novabbs.com

From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 09:57 UTC
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 09:57:19 +0000
From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
View all headers
trw wrote:

and btw, I hope this has fixed all this annoying 503s, they should have been because of low disk space.

Damn non-infinite disks! I hate those :)

def3 really looks good. As you know, some of the css of rslight is copying some of the colour scheme of def3 because I like it.

On another ff note, I mentioned a while back the size of my ff database and how large it was. I was surprised then when I deleted ff from that server, the freed disk space was double the database size. The database was around 12G and once ff was completely deleted, it freed 24G of space. Not sure why that is as I really doubt it duplicates the entire database.

The rslight database for the same groups as ff had is currently 4.3G

Posted on: novaBBS
www.novabbs.com