Subject: Ubuntu 19 EON Corrupt Repo
From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 16:42 UTC
This is also for derivatives.

I just installed torbrowser-launcher and started Tor Browser.  The green-lock exit node does not match the address given by ipcheck webpage.  Also it does rotate through only 10 exit nodes.  If you use Onion Circuits for other Tor apps I found it corrupt also.

I hope it is just my location!
Posted on def3

Subject: Re: Ubuntu 19 EON Corrupt Repo
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 23:15 UTC

do you mean the repository is crippled in a way, or backdoored ?
that would be highly alarming. how did you install the repo ? and could you upload it somewhere for examination ?

Posted on def4

From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 03:03 UTC
I tried it again and the same result.  I know Meek (the developer) and Patrick (Whonix) had an argument and Whonix developed their own downloader.  I don't know if the repo is corrupt because I did not checked against GitHub.
Posted on def3

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 07:25 UTC

 I don't know if the repo is corrupt because I did not checked against GitHub.

Well upload it somewhere, this is really serious if it is real....

Posted on def4

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 07:45 UTC
anon wrote:

 I don't know if the repo is corrupt because I did not checked against GitHub.

Well upload it somewhere, this is really serious if it is real....

Can you submit a bug report? Even if you're wrong at least someone will check into it. It sounds serious if you're right.

rslight.i2p