rocksolid / rocksolid.shared.i2p / Re: Mei's Meanderings About I2P

SubjectAuthor
* Mei's Meanderings About I2PMei
+* Re: Mei's Meanderings About I2PGuest

Subject: Mei's Meanderings About I2P
From: Mei@rslight.i2p (Mei)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 16:30 UTC
An incoherent mishmash of questions/comments, to see what sticks :P

Anyone know of anything interesting? Any news? Maybe whispers of I2PWiki revival?

zzz.i2p is pretty depressing. I feel like people hate being there and want everyone else to hate it as well.

http://trac.i2p2.i2p/ticket/2600 Are we worried about things like this? It's unnerving to think about how much of what we use has holes in it :P

Is it possible to get a public key posted to Postman's address book? Account management only says that automated submission is disabled or something like that.

Has anyone seen Aktie or Syndie working? Any other interactive things? I wonder if sad (and topic-oriented) place zzz.i2p, IRC2P, and Rocksolid are the only interaction spaces around. What are people doing on I2P? Just torrents?

Subject: Re: Mei's Meanderings About I2P
From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 14:10 UTC
It is an anti social network.  People do mostly transactions.  Torrents are another form of connection with the few
exceptions like mass shootings.  You are looking for accomplices.  Well ... you have to get them outside i2p first.
Posted on: def3.i2p

From: Mei@rslight.i2p (Mei)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 15:26 UTC
Guest wrote:

It is an anti social network.  People do mostly transactions.  Torrents are
another form of connection with the few
exceptions like mass shootings.  You are looking for accomplices.  Well ...
you have to get them outside i2p first.
Posted on: def3.i2p

I do not think mass shootings happen on I2P. I am not looking for "accomplices." You assume much and speak of things you do not know.

From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 16:12 UTC
True!  Here is a fact:  Since insurance companies started to pay claims for ransom-whare (3-5 month ago), all the
outproxies are down.  Just a funking coincedence!  Everyone has there own racket and I do appreciate if you run a clean
router.
Posted on: def3.i2p

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 22:21 UTC
Mei wrote:

Has anyone seen Aktie or Syndie working? Any other interactive things? I wonder if sad (and topic-oriented) place zzz.i2p, IRC2P, and Rocksolid are the only interaction spaces around. What are people doing on I2P? Just torrents?

I've ran Syndie on and off and it doesn't seem to change. The interface is confusing and content doesn't seem to exist. I really like the idea, but as of yet I don't see much progress with it.

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 22:27 UTC
Guest wrote:

True!  Here is a fact:  Since insurance companies started to pay claims for
ransom-whare (3-5 month ago), all the
outproxies are down.  Just a funking coincedence!  Everyone has there own
racket and I do appreciate if you run a clean
router.
Posted on: def3.i2p

Tor is used for a lot of crap but ppl also communicate. The avg IQ of i2p and freenet users far exceeds tor users.

Freenet has FMS and has regular discussion there. i2p had that with forum.i2p which went away, but it shows ppl will communicate in i2p if given the opportunity.

From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 22:46 UTC
It is all a con job.  Some ransom is paid even after the IT cleans up the shit on their own.  In my opinion it is an
inside job or from that country that Epstein was handled by... Iran or N Korea?  The bad part is that I don't see a red
eurocent from the whole afair... they did not pay me yet.  In June when Meeh disappeared for a while I thought that he
went kayak searching for the WikiLeaks dude...  Enough crap!  Let people post about UFOs now.
Posted on: def3.i2p

From: q@anon.com (q)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 23:13 UTC

or N Korea? The bad part is that I don't see a red eurocent >from the whole afair... they did not pay me yet. In June when >Meeh disappeared for a while I thought that he went kayak >searching for the WikiLeaks dude... Enough crap! Let people >post about UFOs now.

dude, take less drugs...or more...but something seems to be off here, either it is your mind or mine...

Tor is used for a lot of crap but ppl also communicate. The >avg IQ of i2p and freenet users far exceeds tor users.

Now that is a bold statement. But even if it was true, if you need to be a genius to set up and maintain freenet, it is not good. Anonymity comes with numbers, and not with a handful of users. Posted on def4

From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 13:44 UTC
 https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/08/how-insurance-companies-are-fueling-a-rise-in-ransomware-attacks/
Posted on: def3.i2p

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 20:25 UTC
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/08/how-insurance-companies-are-fueling-a-rise-in-ransomware-attacks/

this is a really weird story, but it makes a certain sense. man am i glad to not use windows anymore....

as for syndie: yes it runs, but it has an absolutely weird user interface, and i could never connect to more than one archive. great idea, but dead by now i guess. at least i do not see any active development.