From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Subject: Want to stay secure ? Don&#39;t use antivirus software
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 20:14:17+0000
 by: anon - Mon, 27 Apr 2020 20:14 UTC

This is really hilarious:

https://www.rack911labs.com/research/exploiting-almost-every-antivirus-software/

By putting a known malware in a folder, and after recognition replacing the folder with a symlink, these antivir deleted any data you wanted them to. Really nice research.

Posted on def4

Re: Want to stay secure ? Don&#39;t use antivirus software

<6332ce5446e35b2164063b5ac94494e5$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=122&group=rocksolid.shared.security#122

From: Mei...@rslight.i2p (Mei)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Subject: Re: Want to stay secure ? Don't use antivirus s
oftware
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 17:35 UTC
 by: Mei - Tue, 28 Apr 2020 17:35 UTC

>We have been involved in penetration testing for a long time and never imagined our counterparts in the antivirus industry would be so difficult to work with due to constant lack of updates and total disregard in the urgency of patching the security vulnerabilities.

>industry

>It’s now Spring of 2020 and every antivirus vendor that we have contacted has had at least 6 months to fix the security vulnerabilities, we feel the time is right to bring our research to the public. The exploits outlined in this post are not hard to perform and it’s time antivirus vendors step up their game to protect their customers!

>protect their customers

It's almost as if the goal of capitalism isn't to be good but to be rich.

How did no one think of this before? Seems obvious.
--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

Re: Want to stay secure ? Don&#39;t use antivirus software

<9fa59b64de0bb954e9452261ce2ab429$1@retrobbs.i2p>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=123&group=rocksolid.shared.security#123

From: anonu...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-fry-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Subject: Re: Want to stay secure ? Don't use antivirus software
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 04:18:03 +0000
To: Mei
 by: AnonUser - Mon, 4 May 2020 04:18 UTC

To: Mei
reminds me of javascript exploits for anti-virus software. what a joke.
--
Posted on: RetroBBS
retrobbs.i2p