rocksolid / rocksolid.nodes / Re: nice work on the overboard for rslight

SubjectAuthor
* nice work on the overboard for rslightanonymous
+* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
|`- Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
`* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
 `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  +* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightanonymous
  |+* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  ||`- Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightanonymous
  |`* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  | `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightAnonUser
  |  `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |   `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslighttrw
  |    `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |     `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |      `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslighttrw
  |       `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |        `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |         `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |          `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |           `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |            `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslighttrw
  |             `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |              +- Re: nice work on the overboard for rslighttrw
  |              `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslighttrw
  |               `- Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightMei

Subject: Re: nice work on the overboard for rslight
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 05:32 UTC
I've been working on the overboard to work with a list of groups not in the same hierarchy, and I think it's working now.

Originally I only had it running for rocksolid groups on rslight, as it's all one hierarchy, but wanted to add it to the other areas that are usenet groups and not the same hierarchy.

It seems to be working but I'll continue to test. It was more difficult than I anticipated lol. Also, it no longer requires a list of groups in a file to search through, it simply uses the same group file as rslight and ignores the lines that are not group names.

Hopefully it will work well.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 10:35 UTC
I now hopefully have a new mod to overboard working.

There should be a link on the top of the threads list for any group you are
visiting. If you click it, you should see an overboard for just that group.

The link above the group names will still list recent messages for all the
groups in the list.

We'll see what bugs show up soon :)

From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 22:25 UTC
Looks good. I am not sure the term "overboard" applies any longer, though. At least my understanding was that an overboard gives a general overview about several individual boards (or groups).
Posted on def3

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-9ny-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 23:02 UTC
  To: trw
trw wrote:

Looks good. I am not sure the term "overboard" applies any longer, though. At
least my understanding was that an overboard gives a general overview about
several individual boards (or groups).
Posted on def3

I think you are right :) But the script is named overboard.php so it thinks
it's an overboard, lol.

I found that listing the latest messages for 30 or so usenet groups was a bit
messy (there are a lot of messages). You can still do that from the groups
window, but if you are following particular groups, it might be nice to see the
latest in just the group you choose. Also, it was fun to modify the script to
handle that.

From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 23:30 UTC
I found that listing the latest messages for 30 or so usenet groups was a bit messy

I did that on def4 in the beginning. Makes the overboard somewhat useless imo, as you will never a thread again. Like an IRC channel with 1000+ users. :)
Posted on def3

From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 23:31 UTC
I found that listing the latest messages for 30 or so usenet groups was a bit messy

I did that on def4 in the beginning. Makes the overboard somewhat useless imo, as you will never find a thread again. Like an IRC channel with 1000+ users. :)
Posted on def3

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 09:06 UTC
trw wrote:

I found that listing the latest messages for 30 or so usenet groups was a bit
messy

I did that on def4 in the beginning. Makes the overboard somewhat useless
imo, as you will never find a thread again. Like an IRC channel with 1000+
users. :)
Posted on def3

I've adjusted the days back for multiple groups, which seems to be working well
now. I cap it at 1000, just in case.

I've modified the theme to match it with rslight better. It now sorta looks
like it belongs in rslight, and shares the same buttons and css, etc.

The colors in the css are configurable at the top of the file now. It should be
easy to change theme colors all in one place, and have the areas of the site
just use the new colors. Things like button hover just swap the two colors, so
it shouldn't break too easily when modifying.

I'll probably write a css with the old theme colors also, and add it to the
next release as an alternate color scheme.

Also, I've tackled several bugs that I was aware of. Nothing that should have
been obvious to most users, but I knew about them. I really need to keep a good
changelog to put out with a release. I'm a bit sloppy. I still have some burned
in directory links that I need to make relative. That should be fixed by next
release also (0.6.4).

From: Retro Guy@i2pn2.org (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2019 04:17 UTC
ooh, a bug in overboard.php :)

must do a better job of checking value of a particular variable. i'll fix it later today.

the current result is if using a real news spool, subject is not displayed in the result. i see what's wrong and it's a simple fix

Posted on news.i2pn2.org