Subject: I2PWiki
From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 04:32 UTC
http://i2pwiki.i2p/index.php?title=Main_Page#I2PWiki_news

I2PWiki is going down! The sky is falling!

I feel like this is very bad for I2P. I've seen people having trouble figuring out I2P even with the wiki so we definitely don't need to have any less support for new users. Think anyone will replace it? Posted on def2

Subject: Re: I2PWiki
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 06:51 UTC
anonymous wrote:

http://i2pwiki.i2p/index.php?title=Main_Page#I2PWiki_news

I2PWiki is going down! The sky is falling!

I feel like this is very bad for I2P. I've seen people having trouble figuring out I2P even with the wiki so we definitely don't need to have any less support for new users. Think anyone will replace it? Posted on def2

Does someone have a mirror of the wiki?

Maybe we can add a link to just show a static site for now until someone replaces it.

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 16:51 UTC
I can host a static version anytime. Let's hope that the admin makes the stuff available and not just shuts it down.
Posted on def2

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 06:02 UTC
http://tracker2.postman.i2p/index.php?view=TorrentDetail&id=50762

This was linked from the front page of I2PWiki

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 21:13 UTC
thanks, i got it. the original site is down for me, don't know if the server is down already or just connection problems on my part.
i saw that the torrent was seeded by 74 people, so a lot of volunteers to host the new wiki, i hope.

should the admin of i2pwiki read this: thank you very much for providing the service as long as you did. it was useful to me, and i think to many others.

it would be nice to host the new wiki under the same key, to provide some continuity. just saying...
Posted on def2

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 19:32 UTC
the problem with a static version of the wiki is to generate it first. the content of the torrent is just one big xml backup file, which needs to be read into a mediawiki engine.
Posted on def2

Subject: What Happened?
From: anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-su3-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 12:19 UTC
  To: anonymous
any1 know what happened or why the entity decided no longer to host it?

Subject: Re: What Happened?
From: anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-1291-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 01:42 UTC
  To: AnonUser
AnonUser wrote:

any1 know what happened or why the entity decided no longer to host it?

no idea. A somewhat important site like this could have been passed to someone else (key and all), strange to just give up on it.

i2p seems to be kind of dependent on the small amount of sites they promote or allow to be listed, maybe paranoid about losing control I don't know.

Then when one drops out it's a big deal.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 02:00 UTC
anonymous wrote:

the problem with a static version of the wiki is to generate it first. the content of the torrent is just one big xml backup file, which needs to be read into a mediawiki engine.
Posted on def2

I wonder if there is an easy (quick) way to do this. I'd like to see this data online but don't really want to run mediawiki to do it.

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 06:04 UTC
I wonder if there is an easy (quick) way to do this. I'd like to see this
data online but don't really want to run mediawiki to do it.

yeah, same here. but in the current form you need at least to import it into the wikimdia engine, than you can export it to something else (static).