Welcome to novaBBS

register   nodelist   faq

Your account also provides newsreader access to all groups at news.i2pn2.org port 119 or 563 (TLS)

rocksolid / General / Re: The assumptions about climate change are wrong so far

SubjectAuthor
* Re: The assumptions about climate change are wrong so farAnonUser
`* Re: The assumptions about climate change are wrong so farGuest
 +* Re: The assumptions about climate change are wrong so farGuest
 |`- Re: The assumptions about climate change are wrong so farGuest
 `* Re: The assumptions about climate change are wrong so faranonymous
  `- Re: The assumptions about climate change are wrong so farGuest

1
Subject: Re: The assumptions about climate change are wrong so far
From: anonu...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-1ed-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 22:35 UTC
From: "AnonUser" <anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-1ed-this>
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 22:35:02 +0000
To: 234802398409
  To: 234802398409
Humanity can not predict the weather next monday and I am supposed to believe we can predict the next 50 years?

We had ''global cooling'' in the 1970s and scientists saying multiple large cities in the U.S. will be underwater in 30 years.

Start paying your church tithe, sorry, I mean carbon tax.

From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 22:41 UTC
From: Guest <guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 18:41:49 -0400
Start paying your church tithe, sorry, I mean carbon tax.

It will be used for that, no doubt. But that does not make climate change less real. If you don't believe the scientists, believe the people from the insurance business and look at the development of the payouts for large scale stuff like storms and floodings. Posted on def3

From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 11:55 UTC
From: Guest <guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 07:55:43 -0400
Guest wrote on Fri, 11 October 2019 18:41
Start paying your church tithe, sorry, I mean carbon tax.

It will be used for that, no doubt. But that does not make climate change less real. If you don't believe the scientists, believe the people from the insurance business and look at the development of the payouts for large scale stuff like storms and floodings.

I've watched the climate change over just my 50+ short years (short in relation to earth changes), and I've lived where it used to flood like crazy, then went dry for many years, now floods a lot again. I'm convinced that climate change is real. It's measurable (somewhat) and even over half a century one person can see changes.

Where I'm not convinced is that it is man (or woman) caused. The statments like, "Don't you see that the climate is changing?" What about some particular recent disaster?" are not something that necessarily means people cause it. It may be man caused, but pointing out the changes in climate doesn't really prove man caused.

I once watched a car drive straight across a busy road and run into the side of a truck. My thought was, did the driver have some sort of attack? He didn't even try to stop. Then I find that the car rolled out of a car park, no one was in it, but of course my first obvious thought was "who did this dumb thing? (must be man caused)
Posted on def3

From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 12:59 UTC
From: Guest <guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 08:59:01 -0400
I agree, it is impossible to attribute a single occurrence like a flooding or storm to something that the human race has done. It is different though if you take a more global perspective and look at averages and the big developments. In the scientific community, a vast majority of the studies find that human influence is the main driver behind the current climate change (think it was something like 95% or so, I would have to dig out the link again).
Posted on def3

From: anonym...@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 21:20 UTC
From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 21:20:18 -0000 (UTC)
the military in the west is preparing for the climate change, too:

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/news_57793.htm
Posted on def2

From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 14:10 UTC
From: Guest <guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 10:10:57 -0400
You have about 16-17 years for the species as you know it.  The oxygen levels will fall bellow 19% and most humans will be toast.  I guess you could get rid of farms in tropical areas and plant hemph... you cant't harvest.  One of the biggest recent culprits is the Norwegian Hedge Fund that distroed Malaesia and Indonesia with Palm Oil.  If you live that long you will see.