Subject: fucking covid19
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 13:10 UTC
So the company I work for just had someone test positive. They worked out who has been around them, and it's like 90% of the people I work with.

So they closed the facility Sunday and said they would pay the 90% their regular pay for two weeks, but I'm not one of them. I get to work my regular hours, plus more to cover for them. I'm the only management level person not affected.

Yeah, I'm bitching. I have no problem working for my pay, but it's like I'm responsible to now cover for others. For the foreseeable future, I need to manage a bunch of people I don't know, while my coworkers sit home and get paid.

Wah wah way, said Retro Guy :)

news.novabbs.com

Subject: Re: fucking covid19
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 23:34 UTC

but I'm not one of them

i am, and it's fucking sweet. i wonder if we could find a new standard of living (and living together) that would allow to keep the slow pace we are having now. i don't mind working, and i see that some work has to be done, but other parts seem so...well, just not necessary. i notice that the world has not stopped turning since the lockdowns, maybe we could keep it that way (not because of some virus, but because it could do us some good to just slow down).
just my thoughts.

hang in there, Retro Guy.

Posted on def4

From: Mei@rslight.i2p (Mei)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 03:38 UTC
i wonder if we could find a new standard of living (and living together) that would allow to keep the slow pace we are having now.

other parts seem so...well, just not necessary. i notice that the world has not stopped turning since the lockdowns, maybe we could keep it that way

Agreed. There's a lot of bullshit we don't need. It makes things worse for humans but power doesn't care.
rslight.i2p

From: retroguy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 08:49 UTC
Mei wrote:

i wonder if we could find a new standard of living (and living together)
that would allow to keep the slow pace we are having now.

other parts seem so...well, just not necessary. i notice that the world
has not stopped turning since the lockdowns, maybe we could keep it that

Yeah, that's me lol. You're welcome :)

Agreed. There's a lot of bullshit we don't need. It makes things worse for
humans but power doesn't care.

Exactly. Society currently seems designed to just keep us working, making
just enough to buy shit we don't need, then back to work. The medical and
food industries keep us just well enough to work, but not enough to think
clearly.

Just as Mei says, "power doesn't care".

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic