From: Anonymou...@rslight.i2p (AnonymousLife)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: Distractions
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 19:55:08 +0000
 by: AnonymousLife - Tue, 23 Jun 2020 19:55 UTC

Hello!😁What’s one thing in this world that you think distracts people from something important?Why do you think it distracts people?
--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion

Re: Distractions

<0b9eb48aff5ea43e1bb2427fb066f1c4@def4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=190&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#190

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: Re: Distractions
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 23:05:41+0000
 by: anon - Tue, 23 Jun 2020 23:05 UTC

If there is only one thing to be named, I should say it is TV.
As to why: it is just kind of hypnotic, so you can spend hours watching, plus it feeds you a whole lot of false or wrongly presented information (so the distraction works on two levels).
The other part of the why is: why do people even watch ? Because it might be nicer than the reality of their lives.

--
Posted on def4

Re: Distractions

<ce23a7400e62aa3d744b2f12b6a0f4bf$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=192&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#192

From: AnonU...@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 06:26:06 +0000
 by: AnonUser - Wed, 24 Jun 2020 06:26 UTC

AnonymousLife wrote:

> Hello!😁What’s one thing in this world that you think distracts people from something important?Why do you think it distracts people?

In my view, it's politics. More specifically, political debate and advertising.

For example, there's an ad running here against Mark Kelly that says absolutely nothing about his views, it only presents an attack taken directly from the "Russian Asset" narrative, and just changes it to "Chinese Asset". That, mixed with a cgi dancing in space astronaut, tells you nothing, it's just a distraction to get you to not like him. I don't even know his politics, but I'm ready to vote for him just because of the stupid ad!

Politics distracts voters from the actual shit going on in government. It keeps people arguing and fighting amongst themselves, while the "leaders" do whatever the fuck they want to us.

Politics keeps lower income people poor. Keep throwing just enough money at them to keep them alive, then tell them the other side hates them, then get their votes. It's all a big distraction game, but one that costs lives.

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
www.novabbs.com

Re: Distractions

<rd0o57$2qv6$1@neodome.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=194&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#194

From: adm...@neodome.net (Neodome Admin)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 23:38:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Neodome Admin - Wed, 24 Jun 2020 23:38 UTC

AnonymousLife <AnonymousLife@rslight.i2p> wrote:
> What’s one thing in this world that you think distracts people from something important?

Usenet? :)

Seriously though, it’s probably social media.

--
Neodome

combining the previous posts,

<b.1348.3acg69@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=195&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#195

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: combining the previous posts,
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 13:46:57 -0700
logging-data="10010"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.com"
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 25 Jun 2020 20:46 UTC

this gives you: political advertising on TV and social media. sounds right to me...

--
Posted on def2