Subject: Newsgroups, anyone ?
From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2019 13:42 UTC

Dear basement dwellers,

if you would like to see a specific newsgroup on def4, please inquire here.

Subject: Re: Newsgroups, anyone ?
From: retroguy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 08:36 UTC
I spent some time working through groups in comp.* and rec.* and came up with about 140 newsgroups that are active and on topic.

If you are interested in taking a look, they are the groups currently on retrobbs2.i2p. All of these groups (and pretty much any text group) will propagate to your inn servers just by adding them on your end.

I plan to start digging into alt.* at some point, but it's time consuming to discover useful groups, so not yet.

Retro Guy

From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 09:09 UTC

I spent some time working through groups in comp.* and rec.*
and came up with about 140 newsgroups that are active and on
topic. If you are interested in taking a look, they are the
groups currently on retrobbs2.i2p.

kudos for setting up all these in ff. or have you automized this now ?

Posted on def4

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 09:22 UTC
On Fri, 05 Apr 2019 09:09:10+0000
trw <trw@anon.com> wrote:

I spent some time working through groups in comp.* and rec.*
and came up with about 140 newsgroups that are active and on
topic. If you are interested in taking a look, they are the
groups currently on retrobbs2.i2p.

kudos for setting up all these in ff. or have you automized this now ?

Posted on def4

thanks! no, i actually sat here and set them up one by one. it was
quite boring lol :)

there should be a way to automate, most likely a bash script reading a
text file then writing to the database. i thought it would be quicker
to just enter them.

i reviewed all the groups in pan first, which was time consuming but
not difficult.