rocksolid / rocksolid.nodes.announce / Re: the new function works at least

SubjectAuthor
* rslight-0.6.5dRetro Guy
+* Re: rslight-0.6.5dRetro Guy
|`* Re: rslight-0.6.5dAnonUser
| `* Re: rslight-0.6.5dRetro Guy
|  `* Re: rslight-0.6.5dRetro Guy
|   `- Re: rslight-0.6.5dRetro Guy
+- this is your favorite guineapig againAnonymous
+- of, the threads are intact nowAnonymous
+* i have a feature request for rslightAnonymous
|`- Re: i have a feature request for rslightRetro Guy
+* i was too optimisticAnonymous
|`- Re: i was too optimisticRetro Guy
+* also missing indecesAnonymous
|`- Re: also missing indecesRetro Guy
+- status report :-)Anonymous
+- several newsserversAnonymous
+* NoneAnonymous
|`- Re: Noneanonymous
+* still problemsAnonymous
|`* Re: still problemsRetro Guy
| +- Re: still problemsRetro Guy
| `* Re: still problemsanonymous
|  `* Re: still problemsRetro Guy
|   `* Re: still problemsanon
|    +- Re: still problemsRetro Guy
|    `* Re: still problemsRetro Guy
|     `- Re: still problemsanonymous
+- message can be accessed nowAnonymous
+- i don't get itAnonymous
+- still not working, reallyAnonymous
+* charset in subjectsAnonymous
|`- Re: charset in subjectsRetro Guy
+- this was vichanAnonymous
+* first sync after changeAnonymous
|`* Re: first sync after changeRetro Guy
| `* Re: first sync after changeRetro Guy
|  `* Re: first sync after changeRetro Guy
|   `- Re: first sync after changeRetro Guy
+- deleted the spool filesAnonymous
+* that fixed social as wellAnonymous
|`- Re: that fixed social as wellRetro Guy
+- Re: rslight-0.6.5danon
+* the new function works at leastAnonymous
|`* Re: the new function works at leastRetro Guy
| `* Re: the new function works at leastanon
|  `- Re: the new function works at leastRetro Guy
+- so far so goodAnonymous
+* but the message is thereAnonymous
|`- Re: but the message is thereRetro Guy
+* okAnonymous
|`* Re: okRetro Guy
| `* Re: okRetro Guy
|  `* Re: okRetro Guy
|   `* Re: okRetro Guy
|    `* Re: okRetro Guy
|     `* Re: okRetro Guy
|      `* Re: okRetro Guy
|       `* Re: okRetro Guy
|        `- Re: okRetro Guy
+* watermarksAnonymous
|`- Re: watermarksRetro Guy
+* the new spoolnews.phpAnonymous
|`- Re: the new spoolnews.phpRetro Guy
+- seems to be workingAnonymous
+* now can you explain why the bugsAnonymous
|`- Re: now can you explain why the bugsRetro Guy
`- this fixed quite a lotAnonymous

Subject: Re: rslight-0.6.5d
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 18:47 UTC

i have vichan_message_read in place now, and i see the differences. let's check how it will handle.

Subject: the new function works at least
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 18:06 UTC
i don't see any funny side effects, neither. hope it will help with rslight.

Subject: Re: the new function works at least
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 22:59 UTC
Anonymous wrote:

i don't see any funny side effects, neither. hope it will help with rslight.

I hope so. Is the only failing group now 'social'?

If so, do you have any weird folder names in /var/spool/rslight/articles/rocksolid.social???

Like extra characters after social? Possibly the group description tacked on the end? This was a previous bug that I fixed a while back but who knows, maybe it's still there.

Basically, please check to see if the missing articles exist in the spool, and if the spool directories for the group are structured properly. Also, that the group directory is writable by the web server user.

If anything weird, please check /etc/rslight/rocksolid/groups.txt to see if the line for the group name is odd. There should be group name followed by space or tab, then description (if any).

www.novabbs.com

Subject: Re: that fixed social as well
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 23:04 UTC
Anonymous wrote:

so if i understand you correctly message_read run independently from rslight might be the cause.

"Might" be the cause. I'm not certain. Just seems strange that the exact same code using the same upstream server through the same network on my test site does not exhibit any of these issues.

I know that newsportal creates data/thread/cache files of it's own, and I'm not sure if running message_read without doing some of the other tasks could make a message not appear. I know that rslight won't show a message even if it exists if it doesn't have the correct support files in place.

The new function I sent simply pulls the article from the spool and puts it into an array for message_parse. Then returns the result.

www.novabbs.com

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 00:25 UTC

 Subject: that fixed social as well

Guess you have overlooked that. with vichan it is tempting to put part of the message in the subject, which is not well readable on some platforms i guess.

so social is working again, too, after the same treatment. all good.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 23:11 UTC
anon wrote:

Guess you have overlooked that. with vichan it is tempting to put part of the message in the subject, which is not well readable on some platforms i guess.

so social is working again, too, after the same treatment. all good.

I saw that, it's why I replied :)

I don't see this message on def2:

Subject: Re: Chatter
From: anonymous@example.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 09:17 UTC
AnonUser wrote:

    "Non-tech chat"

    What else is there? lol

Test chat?

--
Posted on: rslight Debian test site
192.168.0.220

www.novabbs.com

Subject: so far so good
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 23:18 UTC
The new function I sent simply pulls the article from the spool and puts it into an array for message_parse.

I guess the more separate the code operates the better.
The optimal solution would be to just use the news server interface, but then I'd have to code a new news client...seems kind of wasteful. :-)
But this setup has run stable now since introduced...

Posted on def2.i2p

Subject: but the message is there
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 23:19 UTC
here it is:

http://z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=3&group=rocksolid.social#3

--
Posted on def2.i2p

Subject: Re: but the message is there
From: Retro Guy@anon.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 23:27 UTC
Anonymous wrote:

here it is:

http://z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=3&group=rocksolid.social#3

A reply exists to that message on the network, but not on def2:

http://dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=3&group=rocksolid.social#3

z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

Subject: ok
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 23:31 UTC
now i see what you mean. well, at least i am down from a fully dysfunctional group to a missing reply. :-)

--
Posted on def2.i2p