From: Anonym...@rslight.i2p (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Subject: do you use google dns?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 03:27:44 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 12 Mar 2021 03:27 UTC

I don't but it's popular. Seen enough from Google and friends to be suspicious of how they determine what are security threats:

Does Google Public DNS offer the ability to block or filter out unwanted sites?

Google Public DNS is purely a DNS resolution and caching server; it does not perform any blocking or filtering of any kind, except that it may not resolve certain domains in extraordinary cases if we believe this is necessary to protect Google’s users from security threats. But we believe that blocking functionality is usually best performed by the client. If you are interested in enabling such functionality, you should consider installing a client-side application or browser add-on for this purpose.
From https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/faq
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

Re: do you use google dns?

<309d3d327ed1f6792c94fc5ef60d8247$1@rslight.i2p>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=217&group=rocksolid.shared.security#217

From: Anonym...@rslight.i2p (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Subject: Re: do you use google dns?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 10:24:33 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 12 Mar 2021 10:24 UTC

No, I don't use it usually. I am using chromium from time to time, and I guess there it is build in.
And no, I don't trust google in any way or shape.
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p