Subject: Re: php and performance
From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 11:49 UTC
and still the importing problem of some outlandish characters causing collation errors.

at a different place now, i guess.
Posted on def3

From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 11:50 UTC
just like i thought: this time it is happening when treating user names with weird characters. sigh...next bughunt...you would think this kind of stuff is tested for, not like unicode would be new in any way...
Posted on def3

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-t0l-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 23:16 UTC
  To: trw
trw wrote:

just like i thought: this time it is happening when treating user names with
weird characters. sigh...next bughunt...you would think this kind of stuff is tested for, not like unicode would be new in any way...
Posted on def3

Can you point to an article that causes a problem? I'd like to take a look in my copy of ff also and see what might be going on.

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 18:42 UTC
it is a message in (among other groups) alt.free.newsservers the username causing the problem is "bad # sector", where the "#" stands for some char i need to identify yet (i have only read the error messages so far). i can post more details on the weekend. Posted on def2