Subject: def3 usenet sync
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 10:31 UTC
I notice on def3.i2p that the rocksolid groups are syncing, but it looks like the rest of the usenet groups don't have articles newer than Oct 2019. Are they configured to sync?

In my inn logs I see:
Server Offered Taken Refused Reject Miss Spool %Took Elapsed
def5 20679 3 0 20654 1 164 0% 23:59:55
def2 0 0 0 0 0 20658 0% 23:59:55

Connecting to def2 gets me, "def2:0 cxnsleep can't read banner" Nothing is being sent to def2.

I think though you're pulling from one of my servers with ff. If you have it configured to work but it's not, we can get it working, just let me know.

news.novabbs.com

Subject: Re: def3 usenet sync
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 12:24 UTC

Are they configured to sync?

They are configured to sync with def2, which has not been operational for some time now. I need to put some work into this and set up def2 again.

cheers

trw Posted on def4

From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 23:13 UTC
a good part of the usenet groups on def3 are updating again now, using one your i2p servers. the rest of the groups will follow soon.

From: retroguy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 23:25 UTC
trw wrote:

a good part of the usenet groups on def3 are updating again now, using one
your i2p servers. the rest of the groups will follow soon.

Sounds good!

dgqrm3...i2p or wwcqkw...i2p should get you to the server with the longest
retention. Currently just short of one year.