Subject: Re: Postgresql install fuckup
From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 22:42 UTC

i have tried a lot of things now, including a dist upgrade to buster, but the error remains.
guess it must have something to do with services not restarting due insufficient space on a tmpfs. do you have the same error messages during updates, and if not, could you post the output of df .-h (the tmpfs /run/user/1000 part) ?
For my vm, this is 12M. I would guess that this is to low, I just don't know where to change this setting.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 23:03 UTC
trw wrote:

i have tried a lot of things now, including a dist upgrade to buster, but
the error remains.
guess it must have something to do with services not restarting due
insufficient space on a tmpfs. do you have the same error messages during updates, and if not, could you post the output of df .-h (the tmpfs /run/user/1000 part) ?
For my vm, this is 12M. I would guess that this is to low, I just don't know
where to change this setting.

On the vm here I get:

df . -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
tmpfs           100M     0  100M   0% /run/user/1000

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 23:10 UTC
trw wrote:

For my vm, this is 12M. I would guess that this is to low, I just don't know
where to change this setting.

I'm not sure, I'm guessing systemd took control of that (no, I'm not a systemd hater, just realize a lot of things moved that direction).

Anyway, maybe an fstab entry would override?

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 08:11 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

trw wrote:

For my vm, this is 12M. I would guess that this is to low, I just don't
know
where to change this setting.

I'm not sure, I'm guessing systemd took control of that (no, I'm not a systemd hater, just realize a lot of things moved that direction).

Anyway, maybe an fstab entry would override?

Take a look in /etc/systemd/logind.conf:

RuntimeDirectorySize=