From: retro_...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.linux
Subject: avconv and ffmpeg in Debian
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 22:31:15 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Fri, 13 Sep 2019 05:31 UTC

After the changes over time in Debian, removing ffmpeg in favour of
avconv, I changed all my scripts to use avconv. Now that I really
needed ffmpeg, I finally gave in and upgraded to version 10. Kind of a
pain the change to and and then back.

It still seems to me ffmpeg has more features (some I needed that
avconv didn't seem to handle)

Let's hope they don't change it again.

Retro Guy