From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Subject: I2P+ 0.9.48+ released!
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 23:53:46 -0500
 by: Guest - Wed, 2 Dec 2020 04:53 UTC

Announcing the latest release of I2P+ (0.9.48+), a soft-fork of the Java I2P software with an emphasis on presentation, performance, and usability.

Now available for download as an update or a full installer for Windows and Linux:

* Torrents: http://tracker2.postman.i2p/index.php?view=TPoolDetail&id=1256
* Direct downloads via https://i2pplus.com/ or http://fhiqjkax7s6cs2shcozpnnq6v64txoovuczw62lpj4jfbiisrkzw5vid.onion/
* Git source access: https://gitlab.com/i2pplus/I2P.Plus/

Some of the recent changes include:

* New enhanced refresh mechanism for console sidebar and torrents
* Automatic refresh for downloading files on torrent info page
* Add tooltip indicating share ratio and last activity to torrent upload column
* Improved presentation of leasesets in console network database section
* Display encryption and signature type on tunnel manager index page
* Enhanced terminal output for eepget, i2ping and eephead
* Custom icon for I2Ping under sidebar Service Tunnels section
* Increase maximum size of graphs to 8K (7680 x 4320)
* Console and webapp theme improvements

Notes:
* The full installers now implement https:// access to the console by default; you will need to allow the (self-signed) certificate when prompted in your web browser to access the console. To disable automatic redirection, add the following to your router.config file in ~/.i2p/ -> routerconsole.redirectToHTTPS=false
* The Windows installer will install I2P+ as a Windows system service and configure to automatically start at system boot (requires administrator privileges). Control of the service can be managed via http://127.0.0.1:7657/configservice or via the normal Windows methods e.g. services.msc or the task manager services tab.

--
Posted on def3

Re: I2P+ 0.9.48+ released!

<i.1449.296v4u@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=232&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#232

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Subject: Re: I2P+ 0.9.48+ released!
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 00:05:05 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 2 Dec 2020 08:05 UTC

Nice to see that this is still alive, I thought for a while that it was gone...
Wasn't there the address
http://skank.i2p
too ?

--
Posted on def2

Re: I2P+ 0.9.48+ released!

<1d8908e249f08a5b4ddec8e2317d3726$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=233&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#233

From: Anonym...@rslight.i2p (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 03:37:49 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 4 Dec 2020 03:37 UTC

Guest wrote:

> Announcing the latest release of I2P+ (0.9.48+), a soft-fork of the Java I2P software with an emphasis on presentation, performance, and usability.

Thanks for posting this. I've never tried I2P+ and had forgotten about it. I plan to try it out when I get a chance.

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

Re: I2P+ 0.9.48+ released!

<rqvvdq$p6i$1@def5.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=246&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#246

From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 08:26:56 -0500
 by: Guest - Fri, 11 Dec 2020 13:26 UTC

anonyymous wrote on Wed, 02 December 2020 02:26
> Nice to see that this is still alive, I thought for a while that it was gone...
> Wasn't there the address http://skank.i2p too ?

Yes, http://skank.i2p/ is still the I2P website for I2P+!

Anonymous wrote on Thu, 03 December 2020 21:59
> Thanks for posting this. I've never tried I2P+ and had forgotten about it. I plan to try it out when I get a chance.

I look forward to hearing about your experience when you get around to trying it!

--

I2P+ | http://skank.i2p | https://i2pplus.com | http://fhiqjkax7s6cs2shcozpnnq6v64txoovuczw62lpj4jfbiisrkzw5vid.onion/

--
Posted on def3

Re: I2P+ 0.9.48+ released!

<rr9e8l$t1s$1@def5.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=251&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#251

From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 22:32:25 -0500
 by: Guest - Tue, 15 Dec 2020 03:32 UTC

Well done! No leaks and just in time when I started to have some problems with Mega routers sucking a lot of my peers!

Just to be a little bitch.... I hate the dark theme and I could not change it.

I installed it over the repo (headless install and old .i2pd directory). I f shit hits the fan it is easy to revert.

--
Posted on def3

Re: I2P+ 0.9.48+ released!

<rrcudc$jf1$1@def5.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=252&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#252

From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 06:25:17 -0500
 by: Guest - Wed, 16 Dec 2020 11:25 UTC

Guest wrote on Mon, 14 December 2020 22:32
> Well done! No leaks and just in time when I started to have some problems with Mega routers sucking a lot of my peers!
> Just to be a little bitch.... I hate the dark theme and I could not change it.
> I installed it over the repo (headless install and old .i2pd directory). I f shit hits the fan it is easy to revert.

OK, installing over a repo installed version of I2P may be possible, but it's definitely not recommended. The file structure is different, the update method is different, and you're very likely to run into issues. The best (recommended) method to install I2P+ is to use the installer. This will ensure optimal configuration with the outproxy and addressbook subscriptions pre-configured. If you have an existing I2P install, not installed via a repo or .deb file, you can also use an i2pupdate.zip file to upgrade.

As for the theme, there are 4 themes available in I2P+, any one of which should be available if you've installed it correctly. If you're not a fan of dark themes generally, either the light or classic themes might suit you better.

Hope this helps!

--
Posted on def3