Subject: php session expiration
From: Retro Guy
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.linux
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 01:19 UTC
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.linux
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 01:19:36 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="5357"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.com"
View all headers
I've been struggling to figure out why my session files are not expiring on one server, but are on others. No difference in php.ini files, and running the same site with the same web server on different servers produces different results.

I've now noticed this (yes, I should have already known this but did not):

; NOTE: If you are using the subdirectory option for storing session files
;       (see session.save_path above), then garbage collection does *not*
;       happen automatically.  You will need to do your own garbage
;       collection through a shell script, cron entry, or some other method.
;       For example, the following script would is the equivalent of
;       setting session.gc_maxlifetime to 1440 (1440 seconds = 24 minutes):
;          find /path/to/sessions -cmin +24 -type f | xargs rm

Still, why does one server work, and another does not? Because Synchronet is doing this on the server that's working, including for sessions running in lighttpd and apache, but the other server does not run Synchronet.

I've just made this change on the other server, let's see how it goes...

Retro Guy

Posted on Rocksolid Light.

Subject: Re: php session expiration
From: Retro Guy
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.linux
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 10:21 UTC
From: retro....@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-k4u-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.linux
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 10:21:44 +0000
To: Retro Guy
  To: Retro Guy
That seems to have taken care of some issues I was having here.

Things are working smoothly atm. (that will change, lol)

Posted on Rocksolid Light.
--- Synchronet 3.17a-Linux NewsLink 1.108