The proof of the pudding is in the eating. -- Miguel de Cervantes

interests / rocksolid.social / Re: None

SubjectAuthor
* this experiment seems to have failedanon
+- NoneAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
+- gemini seems to be pretty coolAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
+- advertising yes, spam noAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
+- NoneAnonymous
+- this experiment seems to have failedAnonymous
+* NoneAnonymous
|`- NoneAnonUser
+- this experiment seems to have failedAnonUser
`* this experiment seems to have failedAnonUser
 `* this experiment seems to have failedanonymous
  `- this experiment seems to have failedanonymous

1
None

<soc.73.244e1e@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25&group=rocksolid.social#25

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Subject: None
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 21:21:48 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 12 Nov 2020 05:21 UTC

failed for the same reasons everything else did

--
Posted on def2

Re: None

<db80c8200dc253836bb41c603b8ad0aa$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26&group=rocksolid.social#26

From: AnonU...@novabbs.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Subject: Re: None
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 09:54:30 +0000
 by: AnonUser - Thu, 12 Nov 2020 09:54 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

> failed for the same reasons everything else did

global warming?

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

this experiment seems to have failed

<soc.75.zw08b@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27&group=rocksolid.social#27

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Subject: this experiment seems to have failed
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 20:46:56 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 14 Nov 2020 04:46 UTC

lmao dont be pesimistic
I have been here for 2 weeks

if anything you need propaganda, I found rocksolid by literal accident

I would propose spamming 4chan with Darkness pics with the rocksolid caption

--
Posted on def2

None

<soc.77.6io4h@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=28&group=rocksolid.social#28

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 21:05:12 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 14 Nov 2020 05:05 UTC
Attachments: propaganda2.jpg (image/jpeg)

or this

Attachments: propaganda2.jpg
None

<soc.76.35wlbb@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29&group=rocksolid.social#29

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 20:59:40 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 14 Nov 2020 04:59 UTC
Attachments: propaganda.jpg (image/jpeg)

something like this

Attachments: propaganda.jpg
None

<soc.78.1d1vad@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30&group=rocksolid.social#30

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 21:51:30 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 14 Nov 2020 05:51 UTC

i'd rather this place be a bit quiet than just like nearly every other imageboard on tor. most places seem overrun with 12 year old edgelords. i'm working on oc and plan on making this place my home board.

--
Posted on def2

None

<soc.81.n7u1t@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=33&group=rocksolid.social#33

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 07:51:29 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 14 Nov 2020 15:51 UTC

>>940902b999f0970d5d
>I found rocksolid by literal accident
>Darkness
"No."

--
Posted on def2

advertising yes, spam no

<soc.83.3oohwb@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=35&group=rocksolid.social#35

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Subject: advertising yes, spam no
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 10:58:49 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 14 Nov 2020 18:58 UTC

>>940902b999f0970d5d
>I found rocksolid by literal accident

Care to explain how exactly you found us ? I always find this kind of interesting...most new people that come here land on retro guys nodes, they are better known to most search engines...

>I would propose spamming 4chan with Darkness pics with the rocksolid caption

Please don't do that. I don't like the style of discussion that is on 4chan, and I don't want it here.
Also, I don't want to clean up all the shit some 4chan users would probably post here in retaliation for the spamming. As you might have noticed, most rocksolid nodes don't have any spam protection like mandatory accounts or captchas, and I would like to keep it that way.

sexy pics are welcome here :-), and if you want to do normal advertising anywhere, this is welcome too.
in general, we did not do too much of it, and we are a rather small community, although slowly growing over the years (can't believe this little project is almost three years old by now....).

welcome & cheers

trw

--
Posted on def2

None

<soc.87.29tk8m@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=38&group=rocksolid.social#38

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 14:32:58 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 14 Nov 2020 22:32 UTC

>>c0faf9bda818f9048d
sorry anon, what does it mean "working on oc"

and what other imageboards?

--
Posted on def2

gemini seems to be pretty cool

<soc.88.3h1l0h@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=39&group=rocksolid.social#39

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Subject: gemini seems to be pretty cool
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 17:52:52 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 15 Nov 2020 01:52 UTC

>>5841d49d2457a5f657
never heard about it so far, but i really appreciate the general ideas and approach. seems to be a one man show for now....btw, not unlike some discussions we had here as well (see: http://x5qrtsbiebrxj65t.onion/index.php?t=msg&goto=77386&S=de4048c395a276fc1e62f2ce2a079c13&srch=gopher#msg_77386 ), just far more advanced....

i also checked out the textboard you mentioned, using one of the webproxies....

did you know that rocksolid is also accessible via gopher ? you can check it here: https://proxy.vulpes.one/gopher/retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com/1grp:rocksolid
in fact, there are many ways by now how to access these forums, just depends on your tastes (tor,i2p,clearnet/http,nntp,telnet,gopher). Retro Guy even planned to do a bridge to Freenet, but I don't know the status of this.
Would be nice to have an instance in gemini as well...and no, I so don't have the time to do that....

cheers

trw

--
Posted on def2

None

<soc.89.2kwazw@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=40&group=rocksolid.social#40

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 19:12:36 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 15 Nov 2020 03:12 UTC

>>ce9dd74248439f3cd1
yea, its sort of a benevolent dictator situation, but solderpunk has not added a single thing to the protocol in a year and everyone seems cool with it

there are however at least 20 different clients written and serveral server implementations, so there is a community

thank you for the introduction, yea I didnt knew that but thanks; and thanks for the warm welcome

--
Posted on def2

None

<soc.90.1gwiks@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=41&group=rocksolid.social#41

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 11:27:28 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 15 Nov 2020 19:27 UTC

>>1ac4eb30c80cca0960
>style of discussion that is on 4chan
That's not discussion, it's bots pinging each other.

--
Posted on def2

None

<soc.91.49nzx5@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42&group=rocksolid.social#42

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 18:28:22 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 16 Nov 2020 02:28 UTC

>>a911e40711a4e9065d

oc = original content

i don't remember all the imageboards i've visited. i did consider nanochan for a bit, but i like this one better.

>>5841d49d2457a5f657

i really like the simplicity of the gemini protocol. are there any tor gateways into the tildeverse?

--
Posted on def2

None

<soc.92.2d9g7c@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=43&group=rocksolid.social#43

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 22:33:42 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 16 Nov 2020 06:33 UTC
Attachments: 2a93dfb.jpg (image/jpeg)

>>064472fb3b765fe9d7
i dont know, but it really is nice isnt it?

here, sharing with you all an agregator of projects by the community
https://tildeverse.org/
you can see several hosted at sourcehut.org/

they have a mastodon instances (the most wholesome is sunbeam.city), other things from the fediverse, an irc server, this news aggregator https://tildes.net/

I particulary like the BBS (textboard) from the tilde.town community (ssh, you need to register)

>>7bcc4c3f2fd9e79381
this is true, furthermore its several glow agencies trying to bait each other

Attachments: 2a93dfb.jpg
None

<soc.93.4an77i@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=44&group=rocksolid.social#44

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 22:51:37 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 16 Nov 2020 06:51 UTC
Attachments: 1584704842257.jpg (image/jpeg)

also, sharing with you a new project I found today, hopefully of your taste

https://github.com/813492291816/BitChan
a chan that works over bitmessage

Attachments: 1584704842257.jpg
None

<soc.94.3v1qob@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=45&group=rocksolid.social#45

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 00:58:08 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 16 Nov 2020 08:58 UTC

>>2e1059af86cb107028
>several glow agencies trying to bait each other
That's the best part but anon isn't into watching the global glow games from an archive.

--
Posted on def2

None

<soc.95.4ey2nf@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=46&group=rocksolid.social#46

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 11:46:31 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 16 Nov 2020 19:46 UTC
Attachments: fat_cops.jpeg (image/jpeg)

>>3a79c398a91b95e16a
>https://github.com/813492291816/BitChan
that one looks really nice, see here:
https://github.com/813492291816/BitChan/blob/master/SCREENSHOTS.md
well. actually the design is just a clone of futuba. but i happen to like futuba... :-).
if the proggy is stable, i would consider it in the long run...for some reason, most python code i tried so far is not really stable...can't have to do with the language itself, methinks, but i have seen quite often that python code crashes at a light breeze...

>>2e1059af86cb107028
>https://tildeverse.org/
that is really huge, and many cool projects. why haven't i heard 'bout this before ? many thanks for the link.
even a news server....makes me think of extending rocksolid....:-)

>this is true, furthermore its several glow agencies trying to bait each other

is it really ? how do you know ? i mean, it makes sense that they would try to be in such a place since it has so big influence. it is just: who would want to spend time in a place like that if this is so widely known ? anyway, only one word to that: acab !

cheers

trw

Attachments: fat_cops.jpeg
None

<soc.141.19tgyl@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=92&group=rocksolid.social#92

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 11:53:39 -0800
logging-data="6452"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 22 Jan 2021 19:53 UTC

>>1ac4eb30c80cca0960
>Care to explain how exactly you found us
I'm not the anon you are replying to, but I found out about this board when reading a comment on a torrent from another i2p site

--
Posted on def2

None

<soc.142.1k9qe4@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=93&group=rocksolid.social#93

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 03:10:03 -0800
logging-data="10776"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@def5.org"
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 23 Jan 2021 11:10 UTC

>>b039b39f84da665312
>reading a comment on a torrent from another i2p site

That would have been the torrent with the retroshare program, where it was suggested to use it to set up distributed forums to discuss suicide ?
I invited them over here, but this discussion never started...

cheers

trw

--
Posted on def2

this experiment seems to have failed

<742ca03b6f97a6e4b37302efb2ad54bb@def4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=218&group=rocksolid.social#218

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 21:28:42+0000
 by: anon - Mon, 13 Apr 2020 21:28 UTC

maybe rocksolid users are not so social ? :-)

Posted on def4

Re: this experiment seems to have failed

<3b606ce7b18b1d8fb7a99857eec91258$1@retrobbs.i2p>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=219&group=rocksolid.social#219

From: anonu...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-zak-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Subject: Re: this experiment seems to have failed
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 00:11:08 +0000
To: anon
 by: AnonUser - Tue, 14 Apr 2020 00:11 UTC

To: anon
anon wrote:

> maybe rocksolid users are not so social ? :-)

well you got a cool looking fudforum out of it :) (def3.i2p)
--
Posted on: RetroBBS
retrobbs.i2p

Re: this experiment seems to have failed

<081b9053e58be2ba15652047b626f05c$1@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=220&group=rocksolid.social#220

From: AnonU...@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 00:32:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: AnonUser - Tue, 14 Apr 2020 00:32 UTC

anon wrote:

> maybe rocksolid users are not so social ? :-)

> Posted on def4

Fear of not social distancing?

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
news.novabbs.com

Re: this experiment seems to have failed

<a0e373427871b1f13c19e40164c7d2f1$1@def2.i2p>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=221&group=rocksolid.social#221

From: anonym...@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 03:30 UTC
 by: anonymous - Fri, 15 May 2020 03:30 UTC

well i want this to work at least!
--
Posted on def2
def2.i2p

Re: this experiment seems to have failed

<76960593388f1a8e256c0c875c0789ab$1@def2.i2p>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222&group=rocksolid.social#222

From: anonym...@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.social
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 06:12 UTC
 by: anonymous - Fri, 15 May 2020 06:12 UTC

and now we have bananas! who could resist?

--
Posted on def2
def2.i2p