Subject: the good censor
From: Anonymous
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 09:23 UTC
From: Anonym...@rslight.i2p (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 09:23:31 +0000
View all headers
Just been re-reading through Google's 'the good censor'. I know it's a few years old, and it's been a while since I last read it. Here are some words of wisdom from the document.

"As governments struggle to apply existing
legislation to the Wild West online, users are asking if the
openness of the internet should be celebrated after all."

"We're through the first early utopian period of social media and free speech, we’re
through the middle period, where there was excitement about the benefits of
these platforms, and now we’re into a third era where we’ve become more jaded
about their functionality. Now we’re looking to the networks themselves to
better manage their own utility, and there is conversation about governmental
obligations on these networks as well."

I assume I'm not the only person left not begging Google and governments to provide a nice safe censored internet.

rslight.i2p

Subject: Re: the good censor
From: Anonymous
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 12:33 UTC
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 04:33:28 -0800
who is google again ? nah, only kidding....
me <-- don't like global censors, good or evil