Subject: BBS Newsfeed and Usenet setup
From: jarrod
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 09:59 UTC
From: jarrodta...@gmail.com (jarrod)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 09:59:05 +0000
View all headers
I want an alternative to torrenting and i know this site
offers Newsfeed and Usenet which is compatable with sonarr
but i cant find the newsfeed or Usenet details and dont know
how to properly set it up. If someone could please help me i
would be greatful
Posted on RetroBBS II

Subject: Re: BBS Newsfeed and Usenet setup
From: Retro Guy
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 11:37 UTC
From: retro....@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-dl0-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 04:37:28 -0700
To: jarrod
  To: jarrod
On 02/24/2018 02:59 AM, jarrod wrote:
I want an alternative to torrenting and i know this site
offers Newsfeed and Usenet which is compatable with sonarr
but i cant find the newsfeed or Usenet details and dont know
how to properly set it up. If someone could please help me i
would be greatful
Posted on RetroBBS II

Rocksolid offers direct nntp access to most of the same groups you
already see on RetroBBS II and def3.i2p. These are text only groups at
this time, there is no link to binaries groups in Usenet.

I do have a testing binaries server that you may experiment with if you
like, but there is no content. You are welcome to test upload and if you
like it, we can create some more binaries groups. This will really only
work for small files, I believe. Please remember, this is really a
testing server at this time.

While tor and i2p users are anonymous (as anonymous as each network
provides), the servers are not. There won't be anything here that can't
be found on the open net, but it still is nice to work inside these
networks.

Here is how to use the nntp servers:

1. You need to create an account on RetroBBS (the actual bbs). Accounts
on RetroBBS automatically will provide accounts for the bbs, for
RetroBBS II (the forum you posted on), and nntp access to two nntp servers.

If you wish to use the same username that you've already created on the
forum, I suggest you use the same password also, as it may cause an
issue if the passwords don't match. Once that is done, they should sync
properly, and any changes should be made on the bbs (RetroBBS).

You can find RetroBBS here:
Tor: dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion
I2P: retrobbs.i2p

2. How to connect to the nntp server depends on where you are connecting
from:

I2P: You need to create a client tunnel to:
fkyzl24oxcxvjzkx74t3533x7qjketzmvzk6bwn3d6hj5t7hlw6q.b32.i2p , which is
the bbs nntp server, or to:
zoqct7mcbeblgrdamq4mffhqwrax5jg7ix6m43eoivsc3oujjxxq.b32.i2p , which is
the binaries nntp server.

Then connect your usenet client to the local port you selected.

Tor: You need to direct your client to:
j7zbybfl5ho2rta3.onion:119 for the bbs nntp server, or
nmz7mn6xi7qm6nds.onion:119 for the binaries nntp server.

If you don't know how to do the above, you can search online for help,
or ask here and we'll try to get you connected.

Retro Guy
--- Synchronet 3.17a-Linux NewsLink 1.108
Posted on RetroBBS

From: Retro Guy
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 11:11 UTC
From: retro....@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-kxi-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 04:11:35 -0700
To: Retro Guy
  To: Retro Guy
On 02/24/2018 04:37 AM, Retro Guy wrote:
[...]

I guess I should also mention that RetroBBS nntp server is also
available on clearnet at: retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com:119