Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS

register   nodelist   faq

Your account also provides newsreader access to all groups at news.i2pn2.org port 119 or 563 (TLS)

rocksolid / Rocksolid Nodes Help / Re: rslight rebuild ?

SubjectAuthor
* rslight rebuild ?anonymous
+* Re: rslight rebuild ?anonymous
|`- Re: rslight rebuild ?Retro Guy
+- Re: rslight rebuild ?Retro Guy
+* Re: rslight rebuild ?Retro Guy
|`* Re: rslight rebuild ?Retro Guy
| `* Re: rslight rebuildanon
|  `* Re: rslight rebuildanon
|   `* Re: rslight rebuildanon
|    `* Re: rslight rebuildRetro Guy
|     `- Re: rslight rebuildanonymous
+- Re: rslight rebuild ?Retro Guy
+- tried that now before i upgradeAnonymous
+* ok, that did the trickAnonymous
|`- Re: ok, that did the trickRetro Guy
+- pulled all the groups again nowAnonymous
+* overboard is backAnonymous
|`* Re: overboard is backRetro Guy
| `- Re: overboard is backRetro Guy
`* overboardAnonymous
 `- Re: overboardRetro Guy

Pages:123
Subject: rslight rebuild ?
From: anonym...@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 14:46 UTC
is there an option to rebuild all the indeces that rslight uses ? there are some articles that are on the news server, but are not displayed on def2 (although the time of posting is shown under "latest post").

z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

Subject: Re: rslight rebuild ?
From: anonym...@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 18:36 UTC
and another question: how is rslight handling x-references (so references to different messages that are not related, possibly from different groups) ? i know it is not possible to post like that via the rslight website, but with newsreaders this should be possible to post.

z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

From: retro...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 01:02 UTC
anonymous wrote:

is there an option to rebuild all the indeces that rslight uses ? there
are some articles that are on the news server, but are not displayed on
def2 (although the time of posting is shown under "latest post").

That's strange, I don't see that issue on any of my sites but it needs to be
fixed.

Before rebuilding, could you please do a bit of troubleshooting, since you
have the issue currently and I don't have the issue to test on?

I think the issue is in offtopic, as there seem to be missing messages there
on def2. If you could let me know if the message is complete in the spool
/var/spool/rslight/articles/rocksolid/shared/offtopic/<messsage_number>

Then, is the listing for the articles correct and complete in
/var/spool/rslight/rocksolid.shared.offtopic-overview. (Note, your overview
will probably show i2pn2 in Xref: and wrong article number. This is fixed in
0.6.5d)

169     the companies have taken over   Anonymous <poster@anon.com>     Sun,
24 May 2020 07:17:09 -0700 <b.44.4bohll@anon.com>              602256  516

If you telnet to the nntp server, can you retrieve the message?

<Welcome to nntp server>
group rocksolid.shared.offtopic
article <message_number>

Is this only big articles (articles with attachments)?

I'd like to see where the failure is occurring so I can fix it. Then I'd
like to apply to 0.6.5d and send that to you.

Thanks!

Retro Guy

From: retro...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 01:04 UTC
anonymous wrote:

and another question: how is rslight handling x-references (so references
to different messages that are not related, possibly from different
groups) ? i know it is not possible to post like that via the rslight
website, but with newsreaders this should be possible to post.

This is from Newsportal, so I'm not entirely sure. Right now, I keep an
individual copy of crossposted messages in each group it's posted in, not a
link like inn does.

I have not fully implemented crossposting in the nntp server to a point
where I believe it works properly, but it does partially work.

Retro Guy

From: Retro ...@example.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 06:57 UTC
anonymous wrote:

is there an option to rebuild all the indeces that rslight uses ? there are some articles that are on the news server, but are not displayed on def2 (although the time of posting is shown under "latest post").

rslight-0.6.5d.tgz is now online for download.

I've applied as an upgrade to rslight.i2p, retrobbs.i2p and two test sites with no issues.

Please try just applying as an upgrade before deleting anything in the spool. Let's see what happens.

This upgrade does not touch /var/www/html/common, so your custom images are ok, but at some point please copy them to /var/www/html/mods/images so they don't get overwritten with a future upgrade. 0.6.5d will check for both there first starting in this version.

To upgrade, download the rslight-0.6.5d.tgz and confirm the sha256sum. Then extract to a temporary location. Then run ./debian-upgrade.sh as root. Answer the prompts and this will overwrite your .php files in /var/www/html/rocksolid ../spoolnews and /etc/rslight/scripts. It will also place distribution config files in /etc/rslight/*.dist. Your existing config files will not be overwritten.

Check the bottom of /etc/rslight/rslight.inc.php.dist for new config options to add to your config file, and add them as needed.

Next, kill the nntp server:
ps aux | grep nntp
www   14603 57.0  2.3  34536 23664  -  R    23:47      3:00.66 php /etc/rslight/scripts/nntp.php
kill 14603

then verify it actually died. I still need to make this easier in a future release. Once you are sure it died, let it restart on next cron.php run and let's see if you pick up messages that you are missing. Over i2p it will take a little time to check and pull articles, so give it 30 minutes or more before thinking it didn't work. You can monitor /var/spool/rslight/log/spoolnews.log and hopefully see a lot of lines showing up saying "Duplicate..." until it catches up. That's not an error, it just means you already have the message.

Let's hope this helps!

If not, it is always ok to completely delete everything in /var/spool/rslight (except the directory tself), and allow the entire spool to rebuild. This would be the next step if upgrade doesn't work.

Posted on: Unconfigured rslight site
192.168.0.230

From: Retro ...@anon.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 09:24 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

This upgrade does not touch /var/www/html/common, so your custom images are ok, but at some point please copy them to /var/www/html/mods/images so they don't get overwritten with a future upgrade. 0.6.5d will check for both there first starting in this version.

Sorry, I mean please copy them to /var/www/html/common/mods/images

def2.i2p

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 13:40 UTC

I think the issue is in offtopic, as there seem to be missing messages there on def2.

yes, that is it.
If you could let me know if the message is complete in the spool /var/spool/rslight/articles/rocksolid/shared/offtopic/<messsage_number>

the last article i can find is nr 98:

From: anon <anon@anon.com>
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: Re: Capitalism at its best
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 18:42:23+0000

https://www.wfpusa.org/stories/8-facts-to-know-about-food-waste-and-hunger/

That is an interesting article, thanks for the link.

Posted on def4
..

This is also the last article rslight shows under "latest messages" for offtopic. However the posting time shown for "last post" was that of the last message, before it updated now to nr 98. so that means the message must have been registered at one point.

Posted on def4

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 13:42 UTC

/var/spool/rslight/rocksolid.shared.offtopic-overview

the last article listed is 98.

Posted on def4

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 13:52 UTC

If you telnet to the nntp server, can you retrieve the message?

no, it is the same, 98 is the latest. i was assuming the server must have it because the post time was updated, but it seems like now at least it is really not there any longer (or never was, and the time was updated for different reasons).

Is this only big articles (articles with attachments)?

No, it is also w/o any attachments (like:  "You ain't Black" (Zuby))

I'd like to see where the failure is occurring so I can fix it. Then I'd like to apply to 0.6.5d and send that to you.

don't we all ? nothing more nerve consuming than heisenbugs.

Posted on def4

From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 13:14 UTC
anon wrote:

If you telnet to the nntp server, can you retrieve the message?

no, it is the same, 98 is the latest. i was assuming the server must have it because the post time was updated, but it seems like now at least it is really not there any longer (or never was, and the time was updated for different reasons).

So the last article is 98, regardless of where you look. Ok, that's helpful.

Is this only big articles (articles with attachments)?

No, it is also w/o any attachments (like:  "You ain't Black" (Zuby))

Let's see what happens after applying 0.6.5.d as there are some changes that "might" help.

I'd like to see where the failure is occurring so I can fix it. Then I'd like to apply to 0.6.5d and send that to you.

don't we all ? nothing more nerve consuming than heisenbugs.

Exactly!

Retry Guy

news.novabbs.com