From: Anonym...@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Subject: Qubes OS i2p GUIX Install Tips
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 15:25:18 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 15 Nov 2021 15:25 UTC

Qubes OS i2p GUIX Install Tips

With GUIX you can run 2 routers or more in the same VM in addition to other OS routers. For browsing purposes make sure you change your JAVA router port from 4444 to some other like 3333 in the tunnel manager. If you are using i2pplus https://127.0.0.1:7667/i2ptunnel/

The easiest Template to use is a Debian-11 clone GUIX-11 (use a different name). If you have not installed Debian-11 in Dom0 terminal:
sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-itl-testing qubes-template-debian-11

In GUIX-11 terminal:
sudo apt install guix
sudo systemctl enable guix-daemon

You need to create an i2p-dvm based on GUIX-11.
In i2p-dvm terminal
guix pull (never sudo) and wait
guix package -i i2pd openjdk icecat

These are going to be installed in your home directory .guix-profile/bin
i2pplus can be installed now with
java -jar i2pplus -console

Don't forget to add your ipv6 address from the 2 red computers in the top bar.
i2pd will punch through Tor and YGG and other networks.

Warnings: This is not as secure as an independent VM with btrfs, xfs and LUKS ... hammer files etc.
The most used attack on my Qubes machines is on Dom0 thin client through USB or Video drivers. You can starve the attacks SSD space and partitioning with passwords will slow things down.

Whonix has always been about befriend and betray don't ever be surprised (PyBitmessage and i2p among the victims). For a while the Swiss stoped the practice after some salesmen of enctryption machines were tortured in the 1960's.

There is no way I can pass all my experience to you. Take it slow!

PS. One of my favorite books is Assignment Gestapo by Sven Hassle. The situation resembles Qubes Forum.

--
Posted on RetroBBS