Subject: Is this site completely anonymous?
From: I2PBOY@rslight.i2p (I2PBOY)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 10:48 UTC
I use I2P to access this site.
novabbs.i2p

Subject: Re: Is this site completely anonymous?
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 11:41 UTC
I2PBOY wrote:

I use I2P to access this site.

Nothing is completely anonymous, but it's a lot better than clearnet. It depends on who's after you, some person, some company, or some big government. It takes more resources to figure out who you are on i2p (and somewhat on tor) than on clearnet.

Your biggest mistake would probably be to show enough similarity to your rl persona that they can guess who you are.

rslight.i2p

Subject: what is that ?
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 12:04 UTC
there is no such thing as "completely" anonymous. you always leave traces that others can try to pick up just by turning on your router and laptop and connecting to the internet.
are the chances good for some random person to follow you here and find out who you are ? no. so don't worry.
by using i2p you will anybody trying to follow you a hard time.
state adversaries or your own stupidity might still get you, though. :-)

Subject: Re: what is that ?
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 02:45 UTC
Anonymous wrote:

there is no such thing as "completely" anonymous. you always leave traces that others can try to pick up just by turning on your router and laptop and connecting to the internet.
are the chances good for some random person to follow you here and find out who you are ? no. so don't worry.
by using i2p you will anybody trying to follow you a hard time.
state adversaries or your own stupidity might still get you, though. :-)

First, I only found this forum through I2P.
Second, I'm not a criminal.
So, good luck to all of you every day. :-)
novabbs.i2p

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 02:57 UTC
AnonUser wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

there is no such thing as "completely" anonymous. you always leave traces that others can try to pick up just by turning on your router and laptop and connecting to the internet.
are the chances good for some random person to follow you here and find out who you are ? no. so don't worry.
by using i2p you will anybody trying to follow you a hard time.
state adversaries or your own stupidity might still get you, though. :-)

First, I only found this forum through I2P.
Second, I'm not a criminal.
So, good luck to all of you every day. :-)

Thank you :)

BTW, the admins of these sites are not criminals either, just people who value their privacy and are interested in working with software and projects that help others to do the same.

The comments above were in trying to answer the questions accurately, and not give a false sense of security.

www.novabbs.com

Subject: you think ?
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 08:03 UTC
Second, I'm not a criminal.

this depends on the jurisdiction that judges you.
and what might be true today might be different tomorrow.

criminal or not: to be anon is best.

--
Posted on def2.i2p