Subject: To the spammers on def3
From: trw
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 12:11 UTC
Attachments: fire.jpg (jpeg)
From: trw...@anon.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 12:11:50+0000
logging-data="7243"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
View all headers
Atm I spend more time than I would like on removing spam from def3, mostly ads for drugs, counterfeit money, cc, passports and so on. While I don't mind in principle that people trade these kind of things, I don't want them to use def3 for the advertising.
The influx of these kind of messages seems to have increased recently, and to me this is annoying. So keep at it, and I will put a lock on it (meaning: mandatory accounts for def3, that have to be vetted individually before the first post shows. You know I'll do it, I'm crazy :-).)

Attachments: fire.jpg (jpeg)
Subject: Re: To the spammers on def3
From: Retro Guy
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 01:41 UTC
From: retro_...@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 18:41:34 -0700
View all headers
On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 12:11:50+0000
trw <trw@anon.org> wrote:

Atm I spend more time than I would like on removing spam from def3,
mostly ads for drugs, counterfeit money, cc, passports and so on.
While I don't mind in principle that people trade these kind of
things, I don't want them to use def3 for the advertising. The influx

Does def2 and def4 maintain article lists based on the server they're
connected to, or are you removing from those also?

You know I'll do it, I'm
crazy :-).)

Lol :)

From: Anonymous
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 11:08 UTC
From: Anonym...@rslight.i2p (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 11:08:31 +0000
View all headers
Does def2 and def4 maintain article lists based on the server they're

def4 is displaying dynamic lists, so it is moderated by your news server.

def2 is moderated by hand like def3.

another way to adapt to the situation would be to do some kind of automatic moderation based on your filter results (most like by importing the nocem (?) messages from your end).

let's see... cheers

dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion

From: Retro Guy
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 07:07 UTC
From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 07:07:34 +0000
View all headers
Anonymous wrote:

another way to adapt to the situation would be to do some kind of automatic moderation based on your filter results (most like by importing the nocem (?) messages from your end).

If you choose to do that, please make sure you check the signature of the posts. Otherwise someone could spoof them and cause you to automatically delete a bunch of stuff :(

Oh, but this is on a bunch of servers, so you could get all the messages back :)

news.novabbs.org