rocksolid / rocksolid.shared.offtopic / I Am Not A Fan Of America’s 46th President

SubjectAuthor
* I Am Not A Fan Of America’s 46th PresidentAnonUser
+* Re: I Am Not A Fan Of America’s 46th PresidentAnonymousLife
|`- Re: I Am Not A Fan Of America’s 46th PresidentAnonUser
`- Re: I Am Not A Fan Of America’s 46th PresidentMei

Subject: I Am Not A Fan Of America’s 46th President
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 01:06 UTC
by caitlin johnstone:

I Am Not A Fan Of America’s 46th President

The American political landscape is complicated. The last I checked there was some other bloke in the White House calling the shots, and now all of a sudden everyone’s taking orders from John Bolton.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t even remember the US having another election. I thought it was every four years, but who knows? I used to think the US had a Constitution and that turned out to be a myth.

Maybe Robert Mueller’s investigation got rid of the last guy like the Democrats promised and the Americans elected President Bolton after that? I know I’m supposed to be a political commentator and all, but there’s too much to keep track of and it’s all very confusing.

So now America has a new president, and you know what? Not a fan. Not a fan at all. He’s always trying to start wars and interfere in the affairs of other nations like he’s some kind of psychopath or something. I know Americans aren’t fond of foreigners criticising their government officials, but to be perfectly frank I don’t know what you Yanks were thinking electing this chap.

I could understand why you all elected the last guy, the fellow with the reality TV show. I didn’t agree with a lot of his policies and his personality was often downright oafish, but I could understand. He promised to end interventionist wars and bring all the wasted money and resources back to America, which if I recall correctly he wanted to make great and put first or something of that nature. How does a country go from selecting a president like that to President Bolton?

I mean, look at what your new president is doing in Iran. Your last president campaigned against wars in the Middle East, correctly pointing out that they “have unleashed destruction, terrorism and ISIS across the world,” and frequently criticized his predecessor for excessive hawkishness towards Iran. Now your 46th president is weighing the possibility of sending 120,000 troops to fight Iran, which former National Security Advisor Colin Kahl said is an operation that would only be used in the event of an invasion with the goal of regime change.

Or how about Venezuela? Your last president’s inauguration speech criticized US interventionism, and won the primary and general elections largely due to his criticisms of his opponents’ interventionist foreign policies, but now President Bolton is actively pushing to topple Venezuela’s government and install a puppet regime there.

Or Syria? What’s going on with Syria? Your last president was saying he’s going to bring all the troops home, then next thing you know Bolton is in charge saying it’s basically never going to happen.

Look, Americans, I don’t want to tell you how to run your country, but in my opinion you’ve got to be more careful about who you elect to control the most powerful military force in the history of civilisation. This Bolton fellow is a deranged maniac with an extensive history of catastrophic war peddling and downright sociopathic behavior, and you should never have allowed him to be in charge.

Next election, whenever that is, please make sure you turn up at the voting booths in record numbers and make sure your voice gets heard. You’re lucky enough to live in a nation where you get to directly participate in your government’s behavior by voting for who will represent your interests in your government based on their political positions, and you should take full advantage of that wonderful blessing.

There are nations in this world who have their leaders selected for them, or where they get to vote as a symbolic placebo but their votes don’t matter at all when it comes to the way their nation is actually governed. Count yourselves lucky that you don’t live in one of those.
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light.

Subject: Re: I Am Not A Fan Of America’s 46th President
From: AnonymousLife@rslight.i2p (AnonymousLife)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 03:37 UTC
I know!I still have no idea how Trump became president.
dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 07:26 UTC
AnonymousLife wrote:

I know!I still have no idea how Trump became president.

That's how he became president. Nobody was paying any attention to people who didn't like the status quo. The Democrats thought they could throw Clinton out there and it would be a landslide. They weren't paying attention. The Republicans thought they could throw a Bush or similar Republican out there. They weren't paying attention either.

Trump was fought first by the Republican party, then the Democrat party. Neither party had a clue, but Trump did.

rslight.i2p

From: Mei@rslight.i2p (Mei)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 14:28 UTC
That's an "interesting" take on the platform of Trump, who notably made a show of being willing to nuke Europe, and the value of voting in the US, where several people responsible for the votes that actually count swore they would vote for him without regard for who the people did. Is this some kind of Bizarro alternate reality post? 45 has never been about peace or sense in any form that I've heard from his fans or anyone else, only bullying, bigotry, and ignorance. Remember when dove Trump responded to North Korean threats with an olive branch made of war vessels? I guess people forget everything the instant another crisis or some covfefe bullshit comes up.
rslight.i2p