Subject: Re: hey, what do you know: vichan supports nntp
From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 00:13 UTC
From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 00:13:26+0000

See the 'post_articles' function in send.php.

I don't have any send.php, ok, strike that, i found it.

why do need to put the scripts in /etc/rslight/ ? (rant over).

i guess in your example there would have to be some auth before ? and then you would need to import a whole bunch of libs again to do it in the rslight way ? or directly like you have written before.
maybe the easiest way is the best here: just drop the message in the spool, and let rslight take care of the rest ?

Posted on def4

From: retro...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 23:32 UTC
From: retro...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 16:32:52 -0700
anon wrote:

See the 'post_articles' function in send.php.

I don't have any send.php, ok, strike that, i found it.

why do need to put the scripts in /etc/rslight/ ? (rant over).

Well, they need to be somewhere :) That's just where I settled as I didn't
want yet another directory to be necessary. I don't want them accessible by
a browser also.

i guess in your example there would have to be some auth before ? and then
you would need to import a whole bunch of libs again to do it in the
rslight way ? or directly like you have written before. maybe the easiest
way is the best here: just drop the message in the spool, and let rslight
take care of the rest ?

Yes, if you drop a properly formatted message in the spool
/var/spool/rslight/rocksolid/outgoing, it should be sent.

Since vichan makes a full message with headers, I don't think there is going
to be much difficulty to send it by several different methods.