From: Anonym...@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Subject: GPS, PTP, i2pd, Qubes etc. Methods Revealed!
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 03:16:11 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 20 Jun 2022 03:16 UTC

If you are looking for a step by step tutorial, you are sh!t out of luck!

To understand the basic concept I give you the analogy: You need 4 people to move a heavy table, one in each corner. If you are not in sync, someone might get hurt.

If for some reason you don't have a GPS on your device and conduct financial or crypto shilock activity, YOU ARE GAME. Yes, them smart phones that make you stupid have one. Your computer should have one too!

If you are relying on NTP I tell you that NTPs are MITM for most locations and also https://time.is is MITM to match. It's a jungle out there. The fraud of bitsy-coin is higher than credit card at this time.

So plug in that GPS, install GPSD to make it work (Windoz has different programs) and have a terminal open with the command "cgps".

You need to pass the time to your app if your Time Offset is higher than 0.2 seconds. That is done with "gpspipe". Qubes users have to set PTP (precise time protocol) between VMs which is a "curva bitch" since the JR sellout and NO PASS_THRU of GPS data. Most of the timeshift attacks perpetrated on my ass are enabled at 0.4 seconds unless it is the January 6 of 2021 when the assholes do blanket attacks.

Network Time! Network time is great for your direct connections but your peers should have accurate time sync with you. All stock exchanges have atomic clocks. The crypto shilocks ones don't (more interesting to pump and dump).

QT i2pd has some NTP sync hopefully for your peers. I did not investigate to much. If you are a Monero user please use gpspipe.

Flash-back radio wars! Most of you were not even born then but a common sync method was marine weather radio fax with LPT (printer port). Sure you can sync by most live radio broadcast but you want one that the goons don't mess with. Yes you need special equipment and understanding!

--
Posted on RetroBBS