Subject: X-Ufhash NNTP header query
From: h4ck4fr3...@rslight.i2p (h4ck4fr33d0m)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 14:33 UTC

Hi, all
I'v been posting on newsgroups/usenet and trying to figure out how to query the X-Ufhash NNTP header that returns a long encrypted string to get meaningfull info

is there some kind of way to decode ?
any ideas ?

thank's in advance

Subject: Re: X-Ufhash NNTP header query
From: AnonU...@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 10:34 UTC
h4ck4fr33d0m wrote:

Hi, all
I'v been posting on newsgroups/usenet and trying to figure out how to query the X-Ufhash NNTP header that returns a long encrypted string to get meaningfull info

I don't have an answer for you but are you looking into header related changes when using tor? I've noticed some questions around the net about this and would be curious if something is modifying headers other than the standard news server doing so.

From: adm...@neodome.net (Neodome Admin)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 09:31 UTC
h4ck4fr33d0m <h4ck4fr33d0m@rslight.i2p> wrote:

Hi, all
I'v been posting on newsgroups/usenet and trying to figure out how to
query the X-Ufhash NNTP header that returns a long encrypted string to get meaningfull info

is there some kind of way to decode ?
any ideas ?

thank's in advance

I doubt you’ll be able to get any meaningful information out of it. If I
understand correctly, it’s similar to X-Trace header - just a way to tell
that posts were sent by the same person. It’s there in case if you will
flood some group with a million of messages and someone will need to
automatically delete all those posts.

It’s the same with HTTP in I2P. HTTP server always gets your Base64-encoded
hash from you, otherwise it would not be able to support any kind of
sessions. Once you reboot I2P, that hash will be different. It also changes
automatically once a day or so.

--
Neodome

1