From: Anonym...@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Subject: Office & Home Computer Trends
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 15:16:59 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 15:16 UTC

I "Don't Look Up" as often as I should, but I consult my crystal ball from time to time. Because the posting has some i2p in it I put it in the i2p section.

I see that smart computer hardware people are pushing single board computers on the businesses they depend on. This is mostly done for energy and space savings. These guys don't shoot themselves in the foot and bleed a company.

The biggest board I saw was 20cm by 15cm wire mesh or swiss cheese metal enclosure attached to a monitor. The enclosure was not dust proof, so it can be used only in an office or home. Yes it does comply with the FCC interference.

I can tell the processors were not Intel and judging that Intel did not get the 20 billion promised for the Ohio plant, I speculate that someone caught up with their evil deeds (metadata for drone-strikes processed by IBM from time to time).

SupaBoss Parrot OS is betting on Raspberry. I'm not that sure... I personally would choose an encrypted processor Beagle Board. I haven't used any of the boards long enough to compare them, so feedback is wanted. IBM had an encrypted bus module that sold for USD 30K, but if I was dying of thirst in the desert and they offered water, I would not have drank it.

Just in case you did not know, Parrot OS can be installed on a smart-phone. I'm not going to micro solder and the idea of wearing a GPS collar does not appeal to me no matter the OS.

I give Parrot 3-6 month before they have an OS that beats Android Sitka. If i2p GO does not enter this market soon it will be an uphill battle against both i2pd and Java. GO IDK GO!

So Fluffy Pony is out on bail. I hope he did not get the pleasure to experience the "freezer room" or be somebody's sex toy. This kind of crap was going on in the late 1990's and rarely worked for more than 1 year. It does not work for International Travelers and the only temporary success might be with "some Polak village idiot".

--
Posted on RetroBBS