From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:42:11 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:42 UTC

Sir David Amess: Man found guilty of murdering MP
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-61026210?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 2:52 PM
The Southend West MP was stabbed more than 20 times during a constituency surgery in October 2021.
--------------------
Imran Ahmad Khan: MP guilty of sex assault on 15-year-old boy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-61026348?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 3:28 PM
Wakefield Tory MP Imran Ahmad Khan is found guilty of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old boy in 2008.
--------------------
Mariupol: Ukrainian marines warn of 'last battle' in besieged city
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61068650?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 2:37 PM
A brigade in the besieged port city warns it is running out ammunition as Russian soldiers close in.
--------------------
Ukraine War: Russia warns Sweden and Finland against Nato membership
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61066503?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 1:54 PM
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said the move won't bring stability to Europe.
--------------------
French elections: Macron targets Le Pen as run-off campaign begins
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61067426?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 11:57 AM
The French president fires up his re-election campaign visiting a stronghold of his far-right rival.
--------------------
Could Marine Le Pen win the French elections?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61064426?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 5:26 AM
Marine Le Pen will go head-to-head with President Macron in an election run off in a fortnight.
--------------------
Sabina Nessa treated differently due to ethnicity, family says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61065432?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 1:19 PM
The murdered teacher's sister says if they were a white family they would have been treated better.
--------------------
Grenfell Tower inquiry: Lord Pickles apologises for death toll error
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61064965?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 1:50 PM
Lord Pickles says the Hillsborough disaster had been on his mind when he "misspoke".
--------------------
Liz Carr calls for theatres to host facemask-only performances
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61061976?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 12:49 AM
The actress says "theatre should remain accessible" to vulnerable people, as she wins an Olivier Award.
--------------------
UK economic growth slows sharply in February
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61064546?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 7:38 AM
A sharp fall in car and computer production weighed on the UK's economic expansion.
--------------------
Cost of living crisis: Nurse skips meals to feed her children
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61062263?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 11:01 PM
A single mother working for the NHS says rising prices mean she is struggling to pay for food.
--------------------
Thousands of barristers take action over legal aid
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61062627?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 8:47 AM
Nearly 2,500 barristers essential to the criminal justice system will start industrial action.
--------------------
Sunak row: Reveal all about ministers' personal tax, says Starmer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61067422?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 3:13 PM
Labour calls for full disclosure as No 10 launches an inquiry into Rishi Sunak's financial interests.
--------------------
Priority for fresh goods at Dover not realistic, minister says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61065847?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 1:31 PM
Hauliers have warned fresh produce is losing quality and value due to long queues at the port.
--------------------
Oliviers 2022: Jason Manford's best jokes and 7 other highlights
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61024410?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 4:37 AM
Jason Manford's references to the Oscars slap were among several memorable moments at the ceremony.
--------------------
Falklands War: 'The UK is still usurping our land'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-61028653?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 11:00 PM
Argentina's president has said he will keep fighting for control of the islands, also known as the Malvinas.
--------------------
Disability: Doing drag makeup with a sight impairment
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61008127?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 5:07 AM
Jake Sawyers says creating his alter-ego Venetia Blind is "all about problem solving".
--------------------
Cost of living: 'My money-saving life hacks'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61037560?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 11:01 PM
With a squeeze on household budgets, how are Londoners saving money?
--------------------
Saniya Mistri: The hijab-wearing teen rapper breaking stereotypes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-61015974?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:00 PM
Saniya Mistri's powerful rap songs call out the glaring inequalities in her city, Mumbai.
--------------------
Your pictures on the theme of 'hidden'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-61013708?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:18 PM
A selection of striking images from our readers around the world.
--------------------
‘A fantasy’ - amateur jockey’s Grand National fairytale
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/61050673?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 9:16 AM
Grand National-winning jockey Sam Waley-Cohen pays tribute to his brother after 'fantasy' triumph in his last-ever ride.
--------------------
'I planned to end my life at 16 but I'm still here'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61003178?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:00 PM
Chelsea, from Nottingham, experienced low mood, anxiety and self-harm.
--------------------
This plug socket tells you if your energy is green
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-61030903?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:00 PM
A power socket that helps you save electricity and tells you if it's from renewable sources.
--------------------
Sir David Amess: How MP's killer was a textbook radicalisation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61062285?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 12:20 PM
Ali Harbi Ali - convicted of the murder of Sir David Amess - is a textbook study of radicalisation.
--------------------
I found the girl in the photo - now our abuser is in jail
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61039063?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 11:53 PM
Emma tracked down the girl whose picture was in the home of a music teacher who abused her as a teenager.
--------------------
France election: This time it won’t be a walkover for Macron
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61061359?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 8:24 PM
Emmanuel Macron will face a run-off against Marine Le Pen, in what is far from a done deal.
--------------------
Imran Ahmad Khan: What happens when an MP is convicted?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-61031276?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 3:19 PM
A jail sentence doesn't necessarily mean an MP will lose their job - so what has to happen first?
--------------------
Oliviers 2022: Cabaret and Life of Pi sweep theatre awards
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61037387?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 12:27 AM
Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne were among the winners at Sunday's theatre awards ceremony.
--------------------
Somalia drought: 'Act now or 350,000 children will die'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-61036465?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 11:00 PM
In what experts call Somalia's worst drought in a decade, children are facing severe malnutrition.
--------------------
2+2 India-US talks: Ukraine looms large over Modi-Biden meeting
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-61042313?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 9:07 AM
The leaders are meeting under the shadow of their differing stands on Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
--------------------
French election: Macron v Le Pen - two visions for presidency
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61064837?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 8:09 AM
One liberal centrist, one far right - the two challengers offer very different ideas for the future.
--------------------
The microchip implants that let you pay with your hand
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61008730?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 11:01 PM
You can now get a payment chip injected beneath your skin, turning you into a human bank card.
--------------------
Australia election: Enter a lacklustre advert for democracy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-60951030?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 12:07 AM
Nick Bryant sees an election campaign that will be defined, to a large part, by what it lacks.
--------------------
Why are Sri Lankans protesting in the streets?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-61028138?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 12:20 AM
Sri Lanka's worst economic crisis in 70 years has prompted mass protests against the government.
--------------------
South Asian diaspora recall gnawing loneliness in post-war Britain
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60988410?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:23 PM
How the first South Asians who moved to Britain coped far away from their homeland.
--------------------
'I don't want rising bills to mean kids miss out'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60985492?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:21 PM
Taxes and bills are rising, so how do small businesses - already hit by Covid - think they'll cope?
--------------------
Thomas Tuchel says Chelsea can 'dream' of 'almost impossible' task of overcoming Real
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61065924?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 12:38 PM
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel says his side are allowed to "dream" as they try to overturn a two-goal deficit at Real Madrid in the Champions League.
--------------------
Artem Severiukhin: FIA to investigate after 15-year-old Russian appears to make Nazi salute on karting podium
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/61071954?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 2:43 PM
The FIA - motorsport's governing body - is investigating after a 15-year-old Russian karting champion appeared to make a Nazi salute on a podium.
--------------------
Scottie beamed, Rory roared, Tiger back - Masters review
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/61067399?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 2:01 PM
BBC Sport golf correspondent Iain Carter looks back at the 86th Masters at Augusta when Scottie beamed, Rory roared and we could marvel at another extraordinary Tiger feat.
--------------------
Man City 2-2 Liverpool: 'Neither deserve to finish second' - Alan Shearer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61059245?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 10:01 AM
Manchester City and Liverpool are miles ahead of the rest of the Premier League in terms of quality and points, says MOTD pundit Alan Shearer.
--------------------
Is Man City-Liverpool rivalry too friendly?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61069080?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 12:46 PM
Manchester City and Liverpool played a thrilling, high-intensity draw but no-one on Twitter could agree on whether this is the best English rivalry ever.
--------------------
MLB: Watch Miami Marlins' Jazz Chisholm Jr take stunning one-handed catch
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/baseball/61066857?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 11:23 AM
Watch Miami Marlins' Jazz Chisholm Jr take a stunning one-handed catch in their 3-2 defeat by the San Francisco Giants in the MLB.
--------------------
Steph Houghton: End of era for England as Man City defender hands over captaincy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61042794?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 11:03 AM
Steph Houghton has been the figurehead for the Lionesses for eight years but Leah Williamson will now take on the role of captain.
--------------------
Ukraine village scarred by aftermath of occupation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61062213?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 8:54 PM
As Russian forces retreat to eastern Ukraine, Andriivka and other abandoned villages are left devastated.
--------------------
'I'm under no illusions,' says British soldier in Ukraine, after comrades killed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61058139?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 11:06 PM
Ajay Spence quit his life in Belfast to help defend Kyiv - now he is being redeployed to east Ukraine.
--------------------
Zelensky asked if he'll give Russia any part of Ukraine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61064429?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 11, 2022, 9:27 AM
Ukraine's president tells CBS' 60 Minutes he isn't ready to give away his country in return for peace.
--------------------
Putin's mysterious Facebook 'superfans' on a mission
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-61012398?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 10, 2022, 11:09 PM
Posts praising the Russian leader are being viewed by millions on the social network.
--------------------
Ukraine: Three ways this war could escalate and drag Nato in
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61051307?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:05 PM
How exactly could this conflict escalate into a wider pan-European conflict that drags in Nato?
--------------------
Chernihiv: Are these Russia's weapons of war?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61036880?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:04 PM
Analysis of three attacks in the city of Chernihiv may offer clues about Putin's tactics in Ukraine.
--------------------
How will Russia attack Ukraine's new front lines?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61023869?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 11:03 PM
Artillery may decide the key battles looming in Donetsk and Luhansk, say military analysts.
--------------------
Ukraine, the UN and history's greatest broken promise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61021862?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 1:47 AM
If the past is anything to go by, the world will struggle to unite for Ukraine - says Fergal Keane.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Disbelief and horror after Kramatorsk train station attack
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61055105?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 9:28 PM
The people of Kramatorsk are coming to terms with a strike on a train station that killed more than 50.
--------------------
Inside Chernobyl: We stole Russian fuel to prevent catastrophe
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61048256?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 3:48 AM
Staff at the former nuclear plant tell the BBC they were forced to negotiate when Russian forces took over.
--------------------
Ukraine war: The school that helped fleeing musicians find safety
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61038463?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 11:01 PM
A group of young musicians from Kharkiv and Odesa have found new homes in Denmark.
--------------------
Ukraine: Six weeks of devastation and defiance as world grapples with the crisis
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61027292?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 2:29 PM
The BBC's Jeremy Bowen takes stock of the war and its significance for the world.
--------------------
Ukraine mother: I saw my daughter killed, then was held captive in basement
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61038811?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 9, 2022, 5:02 AM
Viktoria describes how her daughter and husband were killed in front of her while escaping Russian forces.
--------------------
Ukraine round-up: Six weeks of defiance and Pink Floyd reunite for protest song
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61043817?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 8:54 PM
The BBC's Jeremy Bowen takes stock of the war, and Pink Floyd air their first new track in decades.
--------------------
UK elections 2022: A really simple guide
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60304595?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 28, 2022, 12:03 AM
Local elections in England, Wales and Scotland, and a general election in Northern Ireland, will happen on 5 May.
--------------------
Election 2022: Is there an election in my area?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60695244?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 8, 2022, 4:23 PM
National elections in Northern Ireland and local elections in the rest of the UK happen on 5 May 2022.
May 2022 UK elections: How to vote
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60902072?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 4, 2022, 2:35 AM
Voters are choosing councillors in England, Scotland and Wales, and a government in Northern Ireland.

Click here to read the complete article