Subject: What is the maximum length of a URL in I2P ?
From: anon
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 20:06 UTC
From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 20:06:20+0000
I notice that if I attach a fairly long string to an existing i2p address, I don't get a 404, but the proxy just displays a blank page. Anybody knows where exactly the limit is and if it can be changed ?

cheers

wed

Posted on def4.i2p

Subject: Re: What is the maximum length of a URL in I2P ?
From: Retro Guy
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 17:20 UTC
From: retro....@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
To: anon
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 10:20:03 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
anon wrote:

I notice that if I attach a fairly long string to an existing i2p address, I
don't get a 404, but the proxy just displays a blank page.
Anybody knows where exactly the limit is and if it can be changed ?

Could it be the web server, not the router causing that?

I ask because I just attached a ridiculously long string to an i2p address and got a 404. When I attached a monstrous string, I got a 403 Forbidden. This is with an apache web server.

Retro Guy

Posted on RetroBBS.

From: Retro Guy
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 17:22 UTC
From: retro....@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
To: Retro Guy
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 10:22:03 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Retro Guy wrote:

anon wrote:

I notice that if I attach a fairly long string to an existing i2p address,
don't get a 404, but the proxy just displays a blank page.
Anybody knows where exactly the limit is and if it can be changed ?

Could it be the web server, not the router causing that?

I ask because I just attached a ridiculously long string to an i2p address and got a 404. When I attached a monstrous string, I got a 403 Forbidden. This is with an apache web server.

I just got exactly the same result without using i2p, but with the same web server (404 then 403).

Retro Guy

Posted on RetroBBS.