Subject: Re: hey, what do know ? vichan supports nntp
From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 16:22 UTC

to dig out the thread starting message, this code should do it, right ? (from article-flat.php):

if($message) {
  // load thread-data and get IDs of the actual subthread
  $thread=thread_load($group);
  $subthread=thread_getsubthreadids($message->header->id,$thread);
  if($thread_articles == false) {
    sort($subthread);
  }

From: anonym...@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 21:23 UTC
I did my own code to do the threading like vichan expects it, wasn't so hard after all (one recursive function, basically).
I just redo the message import, still get mistakes, but a lot less. seems more and more usable. If only I knew what vichan is expecting exactly as a date (this is the last (obvious) thing to solve).

z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

Subject: Re: hey, what do you know....
From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 23:38 UTC

If only I knew what vichan is expecting exactly as a date (this is the last (obvious) thing to solve).

Turns out that it expected what I had been trying at the very start: a unix timestamp. ...it just doesn't respect it !
So for some reason the date of the import is always displayed as the messages time, no matter what the original time is... which is no problem if updates happen in timely manner, but for rebuilding an existing message base it is not so good (at least one context of the messages is gone).
guess the image boards have always been fixated on short term, low latency interaction...

Posted on def4

From: anonym...@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 21:49 UTC
had to rewrite the re-indexing code due to some bugs, this is the data exchange format I use now:

---snip

 "<04a2efaf39f90b7fd445b3d34b04e849$1@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>": {
        "parents": [              "<5fa5f7ef9a71f09f4a486c3d579083bf@def4.com>",
            "<fb56c3093f6c0f918ca58cd34ad42065@def4.com>",               "<prlg96$jgf$1@def3.retrobbs.com>"
        ],
        "op": false,
        "ref": "<prlg96$jgf$1@def3.retrobbs.com>",
        "ref_org": "<5fa5f7ef9a71f09f4a486c3d579083bf@def4.com>",
        "solved": true
    },
    "<d11adec78757e4dad3e4b7d2f46880f5$1@dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion>": {
        "parents": [],
        "op": true      },
    "<b5d27591156eeb51329e572177153951$1@www.novabbs.com>": {
        "parents": [],
        "op": true
    },
    "<7c83a8ef135c1022d441adde9029441b$1@www.novabbs.com>": {
        "parents": [
            "<b5d27591156eeb51329e572177153951$1@www.novabbs.com>"
        ],
        "op": false,
        "ref": "<b5d27591156eeb51329e572177153951$1@www.novabbs.com>",
        "ref_org": "<b5d27591156eeb51329e572177153951$1@www.novabbs.com>",
        "solved": true
    },

---snap

with this implemented properly, most of the threads should work on vichan as well. than i just have to reindex all messages.
but first the rslight upgrade.

z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 09:07 UTC
anonymous wrote:

had to rewrite the re-indexing code due to some bugs, this is the data exchange format I use now:

---snip

with this implemented properly, most of the threads should work on vichan as well. than i just have to reindex all messages.
but first the rslight upgrade.

This is awesome! You're really making some great mods to vichan!

Once you have some code you want applied to spoolnews let me know. I'd like to either get most of it into a function (or two), or a script itself (vichan.php?)

I'll just put a toggle in config like I do with synchronet ($synchronet=true/false).

www.novabbs.com

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 10:50 UTC

This is awesome! You're really making some great mods to vichan!

Thanks for the kind words, it is really fun to work on that.

Just in case some vichan or nntpchan dev should ever read this thread: I'm still standing on the proverbial "shoulders of giants". Anyway, thanks for this nice piece of software.

rocksolid light 0.6.5f
clearnet i2p tor