Subject: Another Intel Vulnerability....
From: anonu...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-lmc-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 22:59 UTC
  To: rocksolid.shared.security
https://zombieloadattack.com/

This is getting silly.

Do we just move on to RISC-V or ARM or POWER? I'm hoping that another chip
manufacturer is able to gain market share from Intels security fuckups. We need
more diversity in the CPU space.

Subject: Re: Another Intel Vulnerability....
From: trw...@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 22:10 UTC
ARM

ARM is nice methinks. But a lot of people don't even move away from Windows after everything that happened, so don't hope for high numbers.
Posted on def3

From: anonu...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-wcz-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 13:43 UTC
  To: trw
ARM is nice methinks.
It really is.

It's funny that if you use GNU/Linux you've basically got everything you need
on ARM or any other architecture thanks to the nature of free and open source
software. Being dependent on Windows/proprietary software must be a real curse
for some.

Even OpenGL ES isn't a huge limitation, we've got gl4es that can already run
quite a few OpenGL 2.0 programs on OpenGL ES. The only thing that I currently
miss on ARM is running old x86 windows games through wine. You need to emulate
x86 and that is awfully slow right now.

- crowbar

From: trw...@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 18:56 UTC
I would miss tbb on arm (not for the servers, of course).
Posted on def3

From: anonu...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-npf-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 22:02 UTC
  To: trw
Tor browser is a special beast. It's a WIP for armhf and arm64.

If you are feeling adventurous then you can try one of the unofficial
(outdated) WIP builds. If you disable everything risky then it should be more
than likely fine even if it is outdated. I would still advise to read up on
CVEs every once in a while if you do.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tor-browser-ports/files/

Only one CVE is affecting 8.5.5 and it is:
https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2019-13075
Which reveals browser language, so use en-US Tor browser instead of language
specific one.

No CVEs for the supplied Tor router v0.4.1.5.

- crowbar

rocksolid light 0.6.5f
clearnet i2p tor