From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Subject: Re: Distributed social media in the darknets ?
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 00:41:08+0000
 by: anon - Mon, 4 Jun 2018 00:41 UTC

: shilling begins here :
mastodon is the gay elephant
blocking nodes because of *insert politics here* and the likes
the software is also webstack
: shilling ends here :
ostatus it's self is bloat but usable if you want something that is usually ultra bloated like ostatus there's alternative servers and clients

: software shilling begins here :
pleroma (https://git.pleroma.social/pleroma/pleroma) is a nice backend that uses elixir but the web frontend is by default 100% js in this case your better off using a client that's not the web frontend the problem with those are they usually don't support setting up a user like those more uncommon xmpp clients either have a problem setting up a user or can't do it at all

you might ask as to why erlang instead of ruby well it's simple the language has been proven to run social networks you can measure the telephony of the social networks in E (erlang) facebook uses erlang and one of the best in terms of cpu usage under high load ejabberd uses erlang (jabberd1.4/2 takes less memory but more cpu)
: software shilling ends here :

theoretically anything that speaks the vague protocol (more of a stack of protocols than anything) of ostatus to a certain extent can speak with one and another
gnusocial <---> mastodon <---> pleroma <---> diaspora (compatibility work is being done) <---> friendica <---> hubzilla <---> etc
just like (not really) nntp but even less operable between different node software

if you want anonymity using a social network like ostatus probably isn't your best bet even if your on an anonymous overlay/datastore/thing but if you can settle for pseudo anonymity you got it

honestly a nojs solution for the default web front end for ostatus nodes is needed but i've only see some gnusocial nodes do it and those are probably custom solutions

tl;dr consider your options and what you actually want even before asking for help and repeat this step we can't help you if you don't exactly know and can't be specific

Posted on def4.i2p

js and stuff

<36f2c375cd9ca96cb91189c9e@def4.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=509&group=rocksolid.shared.general#509

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Subject: js and stuff
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 04:54:09+0000
 by: anon - Mon, 4 Jun 2018 04:54 UTC

>if you want anonymity using a social network like ostatus
>probably isn't your best bet even if your on an anonymous
>overlay/datastore/thing but if you can settle for pseudo
>anonymity you got it

anonymity in a social network cannot be done. pseudonymity is good enough.
>honestly a nojs solution for the default web front end for
>ostatus nodes is needed but i've only see some gnusocial
>nodes do it and those are probably custom solutions

if it is possible to customize this, it is enough.

>tl;dr consider your options and what you actually want even
>before asking for help and repeat this step we can't help
>you if you don't exactly know and can't be specific

you are right. i will try to make a rough description:

-social network thingie kind of thing
-fully distributed and locally controlled
-opensource
-suitable for linux
-suitable for darknets (at least i2p and tor)
-no js on frontend
-no bloated/unsafe html5 stuff on frontend

Posted on def4.i2p

Re: js and stuff

<pg45ld$87j$1@def3.retrobbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=522&group=rocksolid.shared.general#522

From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Subject: Re: js and stuff
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 19:14:53 -0400
 by: Guest - Sat, 16 Jun 2018 23:14 UTC

somebody has mastodon on i2p:

http://artik.i2p/web/login
Posted on: def2.i2p

Re: js and stuff

<pgh98k$bdp$1@def3.retrobbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=524&group=rocksolid.shared.general#524

From: gue...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 18:36:03 -0400
 by: Guest - Thu, 21 Jun 2018 22:36 UTC

and check this out:

New Host prepperse.i2p
by landmine on the Add Key form at stats.i2p on Wednesday
June 20 at 13:10
New host prepperse.i2p added by landmine on the Add Key form
at stats.i2p - jump - b32 - addressbook subscription link -
add new host form

network. Get in contact and gossip!
Posted on: def2.i2p