Subject: cron or not ?
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 12:03 UTC
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 05:03:12 -0700
That sounds likely. Running from cron.php is no problem, so no real reason to change it.

There would be one reason, which is that running from cron, you can only run the script blindly, regardless if there messages to import or not. And in case of many messages, you can only import one per minute (limitation of cron).
Both is fine for now, but actually you can also use a browser to call the script locally, and this could be done from another script. I just have to figure out how to make curl disregard the proxy options of the system and send the request directly, than I can implement that directly in my import script.
Could use wget as well, but prefer not to use any exec if I don't have to.

Subject: Re: cron or not ?
From: retro...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 09:23 UTC
From: retro...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 02:23:15 -0700
View all headers
Anonymous wrote:

That sounds likely. Running from cron.php is no problem, so no real reason
to change it.

There would be one reason, which is that running from cron, you can only
run the script blindly, regardless if there messages to import or not. And
in case of many messages, you can only import one per minute (limitation

How are you determining if there is a message to import? Can you loop until
no new messages?