Subject: Nym - Anonymous Mix Network
From: adm...@neodome.net (Neodome Admin)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 16:32 UTC
https://nymtech.net/

https://github.com/nymtech/nym

Any thoughts?

--
Neodome

Subject: Re: Nym - Anonymous Mix Network
From: retro....@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-h2v-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 22:48 UTC
  To: Neodome Admin
Neodome Admin wrote:

https://nymtech.net/

https://github.com/nymtech/nym

Any thoughts?

This is an interesting project:

"Nym improves on existing alternatives via mix-networking. The Sphinx packet format renders all data packets a uniform size, the traffic is mixed probabilistically with timing obfuscation, cover traffic is added, and multiple hops ensure users do not have to trust a single node. This mixing defeats the kinds of traffic-analysis attacks that can deanonymize packets on VPNs, Tor and I2P. In addition, Nym uses blockchain technology to decentralize the operations of the mixnet so that the network has no centralized points of failure."

https://medium.com/@nymtech/nym-is-leaving-stealth-mode-8c9f4af93a5f

Traffic analysis is still an issue for Tor/i2p

I'll take a better read about this when I get back from work tonight, it's interesting.

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 07:06 UTC

Thanks for the share, this is interesting. I doubt this statement somewhat: "Those who control the internet control the future of our species." (from here: https://nymtech.net/nym-litepaper.pdf), but I have to read the while thing first. Traffic analysis is something that can't be helped in low latency networks afaik, you would need the freenet approach for this.

Posted on def4

Subject: those who control the internet
From: anonu...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-25w-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 08:37 UTC
  To: anon
they may have a point though.

try competing against a movement that utilizes the net when ureself is cut off the power-grid.

gonna be tricky.
www.rocksolidbbs.com

1
rocksolid light 0.6.5f