Subject: now can you explain why the bugs
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 07:40 UTC
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 00:40:29 -0700
were different for different groups ? what was special about social ?

--
Posted on def2.i2p

Subject: Re: now can you explain why the bugs
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 07:58 UTC
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 07:58 UTC
View all headers
Anonymous wrote:

were different for different groups ? what was special about social ?

In 0.6.5c there was a bug that allowed the watermark for a group to keep climbing if there was any error, or whatever. I'm guessing programming and social had something in a message causing the loop to continued past a message, but then kept incrementing the counter (which was the bug).

I fixed this bug in 0.6.5d, but the watermarks would still be in the file after an upgrade. Loading backward 20 messages was fine, but if the watermark was more than 20 ahead, it had no effect.

This version of spoolnews.php checks the upstream server each run, and makes sure the watermark does not exceed the highest post on the server. If it does, it corrects it.

I've added some logging to hopefully show if a message has an error, so if one doesn't show up, I'm hoping the error will be logged. This info will help me see why a message might fail.

It's possible that if you use the semaphore file again, you may pull the missing message in social. From a previous post:
"Then, in /var/spool/rslight, please create a file named 'rocksolid.reload' and give this file permissions that allow the web server user to delete it. This is a semaphore file to tell spoolnews to go back (currently 20) articles and retry to pull them."

Of course if the message-id of the message is in the overview file, it won't download it again. Since I don't know if the message is a problem, I don't know what will happen. </end useless info :)>

www.novabbs.com