Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 06:56:41 +0000
Subject: The Tragic Tale of Reddit
From: Anonym...@news.novabbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 06:56 UTC

This is an interesting video about why reddit mods are such a-holes.

It talks about mods getting paid by companies and governments to keep opinions in one direction, and also the standard, mods are power hungry dicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SQ-TJKPPIg

--
Posted on novaBBS

Re: The Tragic Tale of Reddit

<1d6dbd689acd97d76230b1e71946c47b@news.novabbs.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=624&group=rocksolid.shared.general#624

From: Anonym...@news.novabbs.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Subject: Re: The Tragic Tale of Reddit
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 22:45:40 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 22:45 UTC

Reddit is the corporate wall put up to catch most people from entering the decentralized area on the Internet beyond direct corportate/government control. It's the cattle chute they want people to go down.

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: The Tragic Tale of Reddit

<29b475645141aa41195b7b73536d444f@news.novabbs.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=625&group=rocksolid.shared.general#625

From: Anonym...@news.novabbs.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 22:51:25 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 22:51 UTC

Forgot to add, Reddit isn't trash now, because it was always trash from the beginning. The upvote/downvote format just took its natural course of action when its the first stop of retards on the Internet.

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: The Tragic Tale of Reddit

<t9rf18$pnn$1@txtcon.i2p>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=626&group=rocksolid.shared.general#626

From: inva...@invalid.invalid (Miner)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 07:04:09 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="26359"; mail-complaints-to="txtcon@i2pmail.org"
 by: Miner - Sun, 3 Jul 2022 07:04 UTC

From: Jason Evans <jsevans@mailfence.com>
Newsgroups: alt.cypherpunks
Subject: In Memory of Aaron Swartz

In Memory of Aaron swartz
DO NOT, censor this post or you'll judt confirm it another time,
how deeply reddit and the internet in general sank.

Some of us do not know who this man was, I'll give a quick answer
to that, in times before the bad things happend.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Aaron_Swartz_profile.jpg

Aaron Hillel Swartz (November 8, 1986 - January 11, 2013) was an
American computer programmer, entrepreneur, writer, political
organizer, and Internet hacktivist. He was involved in the
development of the web feed format RSS,[3] the Markdown
publishing format,[4] the organization Creative Commons,[5] the
website framework web.py,[6] and joined the social news site
Reddit six months after its founding.[7] He was given the title
of co-founder of Reddit by Y Combinator owner Paul Graham after
the formation of Not a Bug, Inc. (a merger of Swartz's project
Infogami and Redbrick Solutions,[8] a company run by Alexis
Ohanian and Steve Huffman).

Aaron, was very intelligent, and good in what he was doing which
led to more popularity after he joined reddit. Aaron swartz was a
cypherpunk. What is a cypherpunk?

(A cypherunk advocates strong encryption and privacy technology,
for freedom in a digital
world.)[https://github.com/NakamotoInstitute/
nakamotoinstitute.org/blob/master/sni/static/docs/cypherpunk-
manifesto.txt]

Aaron swartz believed in an internet, free of censoring, with
information being free to all no matter who, privacy and
anonymity. Reddit was supposed to be a platform, to discuss and
talk freely, open source and decentralization for an open
society.

Aaron was an activist and hacktivist, who was talking in protests
against censorshipping laws and hacking networks for us(well get
there)

After reddit was bought by condenast, he was unhappy with reddit
being influenced too much by greed and cooperations. He was never
happy with that, and got fired in 2007, and last year he got
removed from the co founders page...

After that, he went his own path. For example he downloaded a
database from his university, and uncovered connections of it
getting lobbying money and more. Not only that, but he also got
into the MIT database and wanted to leak all the information to
us, in his eyes information, whether it be education or gov.
Insight should be transparent.

Though, he was arrested by the FBI, and would have been charged
with about 35 years of prison and a Million dollars to pay.

And 5 months after his arrest. He, "killed himself".

Reddit went down, mods controlling the subs, investors of reddit
leading to censoring posts The internet as a whole actually, and
before swartz also. Cooperations controlling more and more,
closed source applications with backdoor to government.
Surveillance capitalism and surveillance, a perfect help to start
good social engineering attack with all of the data they have,
they sometimes know more about you than yourself.

Perfect for censoring, and finding national enemies. Remember
"national" refers to enemy for the govs in the world, which do
not have any transparency, but they have all overseight on us.
Knowledge is power.

In the future, we own nothing, live in some kind of coop
controlled metaverse. They'll controll the currency
(CentralBankDigitalCurrency, a crypto by the banks which will
have complete controll) + our surveillance devices with us, our
work and social life in virtuality while being the slave of these
programs getting all our information out of us, and are rewarding
us with temporary dopamine rushes to get further addicted into
what ever perverted fuck the future will look like, our values
going away away while getting more and more retarded through
think tank, gov etc. Controlled media and socialmedia.

Please, do read the book, THE GREAT RESET - by Klaus
schwab(director and founder of the world economic forum)

Aaron is a great example of a fallen hero! A cypherpunk! Rest in
peace.

--
Miner