Subject: BBC News
From: rslight rss feeds
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Followup: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 21:00 UTC
From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 21:00:04 +0000
View all headers
Omicron up to 70% less likely to need hospital care
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59769969?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 7:29 PM
However, a major report showed the protection from catching Covid started to wane 10 weeks after the booster.
--------------------
Daunte Wright death: US 'Taser mixup' ex-officer guilty of manslaughter
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59776917?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 8:28 PM
The April shooting led to days of demonstrations against police killings of black men.
--------------------
Covid: Omicron less likely to require hospital care and half of colds could be Covid
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59773533?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 5:42 PM
Five things you need to know about the coronavirus pandemic this Thursday evening.
--------------------
US and Russia agree to talk as Putin hits out on Ukraine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59766810?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 7:46 PM
Russia's leader demands an immediate response to his demands for Nato to pull back in Eastern Europe.
--------------------
World's oldest family tree created using DNA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-59774315?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 5:45 PM
Scientists have created the world's oldest family tree from bones interred at a 5,700-year-old tomb.
--------------------
Jon Snow bows out of Channel 4 News after 32 years
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59770835?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 8:49 PM
The long-serving 74-year-old's last show is described as "an emotional one for the whole newsroom".
--------------------
Harry and Meghan release first photo of Lilibet
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59773788?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 4:51 PM
The image, taken this summer at the couple's home in California, is released with a seasonal message.
--------------------
Omicron: Half of colds will be Covid, warn UK researchers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59768366?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 12:38 PM
If you have a sore throat, runny nose and a headache, get a Covid test, experts advise.
--------------------
Liverpool v Leeds and Wolves v Watford postponed because of Covid cases
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59770658?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 3:10 PM
The Premier League postpones Liverpool's game against Leeds United and the match between Wolves and Watford because of coronavirus.
--------------------
Joan Didion: US literary icon dies at 87
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59775127?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 8:20 PM
She was known for chronicling US culture and was a screenwriter for the 1976 film A Star is Born.
--------------------
Capitol riot: Proud Boy pleads guilty and agrees to cooperate with authorities
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59775546?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 5:11 PM
Matthew Greene is believed to be the first far-right group member to plead guilty and co-operate.
--------------------
James Franco: I'll admit, I did sleep with students... and that was wrong
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59776765?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 7:04 PM
The actor paid $2.2m (£1.6m) after being sued over "sexually-charged behaviour towards female students".
--------------------
TikTok ousts Google to become favourite online destination
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59768617?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 5:46 PM
Tiktok.com overtook other US tech giants in 2021, including Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Netflix.
--------------------
'My work has just disappeared' - performers and crew count cost of Omicron
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59770828?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 2:24 PM
Three performers and crew members count the cost to them and their jobs caused by the latest wave.
--------------------
Christmas: Dogs perform Welsh chapel's nativity play
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59771186?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 3:35 PM
The Christmas story is performed by a Welsh chapel's dogs with the help of treats and tinsel.
--------------------
Quiz of the Year, part three: Do you recall a busy summer of sport?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-59646073?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 22, 2021, 5:37 PM
How well do you remember the news of the past 12 months?
--------------------
Covid in Wales: Festive swims off over Omicron and restrictions
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59769543?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 12:00 PM
The rapid spread of the new variant and Welsh Government restrictions leads to the cancellations.
--------------------
'Little donkey' on a dusty... dual carriageway
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-59767782?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 11:12 AM
Two days before Christmas, a wandering donkey is "shepherded" away from the A46, police say.
--------------------
Private e-scooters: Police warn about illegal misuse
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-59747082?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 6:22 AM
West Midlands Police says they have seized more than 140 private e-scooters since April.
--------------------
Two babies pulled alive from US tornado rubble
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59764990?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 2:34 AM
Their grandmother tucked them in a bath with a Bible and a blanket before the Kentucky twister hit.
--------------------
‘It feels like gyms are being completely ignored’
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59741363?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 12:03 AM
UK gyms say they feel left out of the latest Covid support package as Omicron hits attendances.
--------------------
Morecambe and Wise: Rediscovered episode to air on BBC Two
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59599741?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 1:13 AM
The footage was found by Eric Morecambe's son Gary in the attic of his mother's house.
Pride and Prejudice: Glaswegian adaptation becomes a West End hit
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59759835?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 23, 2021, 12:00 AM
West End production Pride and Prejudice* (*sort of) is a comedy adaption of the classic book.
Voice donor makes student's Christmas wish come true
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-59755527?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Click here to read the complete article