From: 34242...@anon.com (34242423)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Subject: http://meshforum.i2p
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 22:03:33+0000
 by: 34242423 - Fri, 28 Jun 2019 22:03 UTC

extremely nice looking new forum...

http://hp2uzysaur74tbeojtlcsl7apsy2jgqxydd7b5asgvztihz76jia.b32.i2p

Posted on def4

Re: http://meshforum.i2p

<448cd008102296c8cb56c5e58403122b$1@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=70&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#70

From: retro....@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-6lv-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Subject: Re: http://meshforum.i2p
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 01:33:32 +0000
To: 34242423
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 29 Jun 2019 01:33 UTC

To: 34242423
34242423 wrote:

> extremely nice looking new forum...

> http://hp2uzysaur74tbeojtlcsl7apsy2jgqxydd7b5asgvztihz76jia.b32.i2p

From faq:
Why Flarum?

"Because it fast, it doesn't suck, source code is clean and it's much more
eye-candy than 95% of forum software in the wild. Note - it's beautiful by
default."

I checked out Farlum in the past and it really is nice looking software.

Also:
"When registering you have to specify your real email address (one-time
thing is also okay). i2p users should use clearnet i2p emails
(user@i2pmail.org instead of user@mail.i2p)."

I wonder why this is required.

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: http://meshforum.i2p

<7b7a17da2812e9e9cf9e7b599721d4ce@def4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=71&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#71

From: trw...@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 08:57:56+0000
 by: trw - Sat, 29 Jun 2019 08:57 UTC

>I checked out Farlum in the past and it really is nice looking software.

Isn't it ? If only it could speak nntp...or maybe that is something we could even do on our own ? It is written in php, after all, so one should be able to reuse code from ff or rslight...

>Also: "When registering you have to specify your real email address (one-time thing is also okay). i2p users should use clearnet i2p emails (user@i2pmail.org instead of user@mail.i2p)." I wonder why this is required.

Well, I guess there is an engine that sends a welcome mail or something, and this cannot deal with i2p addresses.

If we wanted to use flarum, I guess it would be pretty straightforward...I have half a mind to drop bbs and start using this one...it is just looking so nice....

cheers

trw

Posted on def4

Re: http://meshforum.i2p

<a9ca44b2991d27801b3e59940d830b97@def4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=72&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#72

From: trw...@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 09:11:24+0000
 by: trw - Sat, 29 Jun 2019 09:11 UTC

of course the use of js could be a dealbreaker....although this seems to work without as well...

Posted on def4

Re: http://meshforum.i2p

<20190629021725.59e05399@desktop14.dt>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=73&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#73

From: retro_...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 02:17:25 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 29 Jun 2019 09:17 UTC

On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 08:57:56+0000
trw <trw@anon.com> wrote:

> >I checked out Farlum in the past and it really is nice looking
> >software.
>
> Isn't it ? If only it could speak nntp...or maybe that is something
> we could even do on our own ? It is written in php, after all, so one
> should be able to reuse code from ff or rslight...
>
> >Also: "When registering you have to specify your real email address
> >(one-time thing is also okay). i2p users should use clearnet i2p
> >emails (user@i2pmail.org instead of user@mail.i2p)." I wonder why
> >this is required.
>
> Well, I guess there is an engine that sends a welcome mail or
> something, and this cannot deal with i2p addresses.

I understood that, just wondering if it's possible with flarum to
disable the requirement to verify by email entirely.

> If we wanted to use flarum, I guess it would be pretty
> straightforward...I have half a mind to drop bbs and start using this
> one...it is just looking so nice....

I considered flarum using nntp server as a database, but was too lazy
to put much time into it. It would require, as most forum software
would, conversion from nntp to/from it's database requirements.

Re: http://meshforum.i2p

<3bc10979525827cd67be2958a17993ec@def4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=74&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#74

From: trw...@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 09:30:43+0000
 by: trw - Sat, 29 Jun 2019 09:30 UTC

>I understood that, just wondering if it's possible with flarum to disable the requirement to verify by email entirely.

Should be doable in the options.

> I considered flarum using nntp server as a database, but was too lazy to put much time into it. It would require, as most forum software would, conversion from nntp to/from it's database requirements.

I had more in mind to just extent it with nntp, replacing the db could be much more effort, I guess
Btw, it could be even more easy to just dump all the messages from the news server into a sql database. In this way, you could pretty much use any forum software that stores its messages in a sql db to participate in the rocksolid groups. Does inn2 not even support sql storage natively ? I have some ideas...

Posted on def4