Subject: BBC News
From: rslight rss feeds
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Followup: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 21:10 UTC
From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 21:10:03 +0000
View all headers
Covid: Enjoy new year but be cautious, care minister says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59810878?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 6:24 PM
Gillian Keegan's comments come as England reports another record 117,093 Covid cases.
--------------------
Covid in Scotland: Nicola Sturgeon warns case numbers will rise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59812661?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 6:31 PM
More than 9,000 people have tested positive in the last 24 hours, according to provisional figures.
--------------------
Ghislaine Maxwell jury faces longer hours because of Covid
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59812877?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 6:08 PM
The judge in Ghislaine Maxwell's sex trafficking trial asks jurors to meet for an extra hour a day.
--------------------
Russian court orders oldest civil rights group Memorial to shut
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59808624?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 6:51 PM
The Supreme Court dissolves a civil rights group formed to remember victims of Communist repression.
--------------------
Austria's Innsbruck airport denies 110 Britons entry over new Covid rules
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59808620?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 10:23 AM
Innsbruck airport in Austria refused to let in tourists caught out by updated restrictions.
--------------------
Covid in Wales: Steep rise in cases in around Christmas
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59812039?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 5:40 PM
Wales' case rate soars to a record 1,004 - but the full impact of Christmas gatherings is yet to be seen.
--------------------
Desmond Tutu: Remembered by daughter as a 'hugger'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-59813216?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 5:22 PM
Nontombi Naomi Tutu says her father "went to meet his God, ready and willing".
--------------------
Nottingham police officers pay for homeless boy's presents
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-59804694?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 1:02 PM
The boy, 12, turned up at a police station with only a bin bag holding a few possessions, officers said.
--------------------
Myanmar: Save the Children says army attack killed staff
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59810706?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 5:14 PM
The charity says two of its workers, both new fathers, are among the 35 bodies found on 24 December.
--------------------
Jermaine Cools: Teenager arrested over murder of boy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59808876?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 10:47 AM
Jermaine Cools, 14, took himself to a south London hospital but died a short time later.
--------------------
Leona Peach: Police seek father of missing 12-year-old girl
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-59809958?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 1:29 PM
Leona Peach was last seen in Newton Abbot and may have travelled to be with her dad, police say.
--------------------
Striking news photos from around the UK in 2021
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-59478434?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 12:26 AM
A selection of some of the best images taken by agency photographers during the past year.
--------------------
Snow buries north and west Japan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59806939?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 7:55 AM
The snow has meant grounded flights and stranded travellers as people are told to stay indoors.
--------------------
Louis Wain: The artist who changed how we think about cats
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59518847?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 12:17 AM
A century ago illustrator Louis Wain was a household name. Who was the man behind the cat drawings?
--------------------
UK's best bus driver: Derbyshire woman's inspiring journey to help others
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-59641000?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 12:06 AM
Karen Miles has been crowned UK bus driver of the year for her work during the pandemic.
--------------------
Ted Lasso: Nick Mohammed on season 3, and what's next for Nate
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-59518760?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 12:17 AM
Nick Mohammed reflects on his path to Ted Lasso stardom and wonders what's next for his character.
--------------------
Egyptian pharaoh's mummy digitally unwrapped for first time
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-59808883?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 4:16 PM
CT scans allowed archaeologists to study Amenhotep I's body and learn about his death and burial.
--------------------
'I was trampled by cows and thought I would die'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-59580300?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 12:07 AM
Pip Peacock suffered serious injuries when she was trampled by a herd of cows in the Peak District.
--------------------
US animal shelter shocked after 800 parakeets handed over
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59806039?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 27, 2021, 10:19 PM
A Detroit animal shelter said the birds were handed over in a "very unhealthy situation".
--------------------
A seaweed farmer, scientist and Senegalese influencer on rising to a challenge
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-59772026?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 28, 2021, 6:59 AM
BBC's Malu Cursino profiles three people from across Africa who rose to the challenge in 2021.
--------------------
The brave donor dogs giving blood to help others
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59759573?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 27, 2021, 12:06 AM
A blood bank service for dogs helps supply vets with immediate access to blood in emergencies.
--------------------
ICU Liberty Singers: Online choir's first meeting was 'happiest day'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-59756043?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 27, 2021, 12:14 AM
What happened when this online choir of healthcare staff met for the first time since forming a year ago.
Demi Skipper plans to keep trading after hairpin-to-house swap
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59762810?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 27, 2021, 12:00 AM
TikToker Demi Skipper made headlines when she successfully traded items until she got a house.
‘The doctors came and I had to tell my father he was dying’
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-59733533?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Click here to read the complete article