Subject: date problems
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 15:01 UTC
From: Anonymous <poster@anon.com>
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 08:01:39 -0700
-fix date for message import

this one turns out to be really tough. i think it was not meant to work that way (so, to have the original posting time).

i have this line here in the function post (functions.php), which sets the time for the article to be inserted:

$query->bindValue(':time', isset($post['time']) ? $post['time'] : time(), PDO::PARAM_INT);

so, if we don't have a time, we take the current time. this is how i read this line.
but for some reason even if the variable is set to the original time of the article, the current time is taken instead.
maybe it has to do the complicated callback construct that they use (which i don't fully understand).

:-(