From: trw...@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.linux
Subject: Re: sed
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2019 14:19:36+0000
 by: trw - Tue, 1 Jan 2019 14:19 UTC

>and now I'm hooked! There are all sorts of uses, how exciting!

I know that feeling when I discovered all the nice things you can do from the cli, with just a few commands (if you know how to use them...).
If I would make an effort right now to learn a specific program, it would be awk though. Think of it as sed + much much more...

cheers

trw

Posted on def4.i2p

sed

<67c88b46edb6dab75ae8a4ecd77966a3$1@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.linux
From: retro....@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-11nk-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.linux
Subject: sed
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 00:28:02 +0000
To: rocksolid.shared.linux
 by: Retro Guy - Tue, 1 Jan 2019 00:28 UTC

To: rocksolid.shared.linux
I've gone crazy with sed!

I've been using Linux for a long time. Since maybe 1993 or something, very
early Slackware. But I never really did anything with sed.

Then along comes wed and demonstrates that it can do pretty much anything,
and now I'm hooked! There are all sorts of uses, how exciting!

Well, I'm off to use sed some more now!

Retro Guy

--
Posted on RetroBBS
--- Synchronet 3.17a-Linux NewsLink 1.110