Subject: syncronet
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 13:01 UTC
From: Anonymous <poster@anon.com>
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2020 06:01:51 -0700
i'm a bit confused here, wasn't syncronet coded in ssjs ?

Subject: Re: syncronet
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 06:31 UTC
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 06:31:47 +0000
Anonymous wrote:

i'm a bit confused here, wasn't syncronet coded in ssjs ?

Yes, Synchronet is ssjs. My main features to "support" Synchronet were to add a header that it can use to list who the message is "To", which is a common BBS feature, but not a Usenet feature really. Also, to log into Synchronet to post as the posing user, as Synchronet doesn't support one user posting with other usernames as most nntp servers do.

Synchronet provides executables to do things such as create users, which I use to do just that. The only code I've really changed is in displaying a user's mailbox. The css is simple, but I did make a few changes in the ssjs to add/remove things on the display, and also ended up providing a patch to Synchronet when I found an issue.

My next integration projects to Synchronet will require a bit more code, which is why I'd like to release rslight again first, before getting on to that. The recent changes have really been bug fixes that tend to be specific to integrating with Synchronet. There are a couple of more I want to handle before release, but not add features, just fix bugs.

www.novabbs.com