Subject: Re: Running a RetroBBS node
From: me...@usenet.invalid (A)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 12:47 UTC
On 2019-11-03 10:35, Retro Guy wrote:
Retro Guy wrote:

Also, since I see you're accessing by the bbs, you can also run Synchronet or any bbs that speaks nntp, and it's not difficult to host the groups that way also. If you want users to access by bbs, no web interface is necessary.

If you're interested in running Mystic or another bbs, I know the admin of fsxNet will provide newsgroups via ftn. He is also a usenet peer of mine (news.bbs.nz). If you are interested in that, you might ask him if he carries rocksolid.* and if not he may very well be willing to.

Basically, there are many ways to run a node, it just depends on how you want to do it. We're here to help as best we can.

I presume that running the  bash script    def4.main.sh   ought to be simple as well.

and what is  "ftn" ?    u mean "ftp" ??

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 13:09 UTC