Subject: tbb 9.0.1 freezes my laptop
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 21:10 UTC
anybody else with the same problem ? could be due to my weird system setup as well...

Subject: Re: tbb 9.0.1 freezes my laptop
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 21:23 UTC
AnonUser wrote:

anybody else with the same problem ? could be due to my weird system setup as well...

I haven't had a problem like that with tbb. What OS are you running?

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 22:03 UTC
grml
Posted on def2

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 22:30 UTC
anonymous wrote:

grml
Posted on def2

I'm running tbb on Debian which I believe grml is based on and haven't had any such problem. Could it maybe have something to do with trying to store data or settings? Are you using 'persistence'?

Even so it really shouldn't crash the system.

From: anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-ov1-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 00:48 UTC
  To: anonymous
grml
Never heard of it, but my guess is that tbb is merely triggering an existing underlying problem.

If you are lucky then you'll have something in your logs. If not then you'll be playing the "why is my machine randomly freezing" game for a few years... or until you buy new hardware. Alternatively you can debug your kernel. Both very fun games.

I would however recommend trying a different distribution where other people don't report freezes. I use Debian buster with tbb and it hasn't froze on me.